Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Windows 10 I CAN'T TAKE ANY MORE !!!!!
britishtrident

posted on 22/2/16 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
Windows 10 I CAN'T TAKE ANY MORE !!!!!

I upgraded my Notebook from 8.1 to 10 as a pilot exercise luckily I never upgraded the business computer which is on 8.1 which is bad enough.
The fact is windows 10 is a niightmare installing new USB hardware takes hours to sort out and often breaks if you install an upgrade.

Now looking for a fully legal way to install Windows 7 64bit

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

tweek

posted on 22/2/16 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Wow. I gotta say I am having completely the opposite experience.

Did you do an upgrade or a clean install? The upgrade process isn't the cleanest and I had plenty of problems with that, but after a clean install it runs brilliantly for me. If you have a chance do a clean install before you dismiss it completely.

Hope that helps.
John

"oh dear..." said god,
"I hadn't thought of that"
and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic

Slimy38

posted on 22/2/16 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
Here's another Windows 10 'thing to remember'I found out why my wireless wasn't working on the weekend, apparently it had 'conveniently' decided that I wanted to use my neighbours BT openzone instead of my own wireless. A 'feature' of Windows 10 is the ability to remember yours (and your friends!) choice of open networks, and jump on them at their earliest opportunity.

I didn't even realise it was trying to connect to someone else's network, and I've no idea what security risks that opened myself up to. Luckily ten minutes on the internet found me a way to switch it off.

And I thought the peer network sharing of Windows 10 install files was bad enough!

coozer

posted on 23/2/16 at 01:24 AM Reply With Quote
I upgraded my tablet from 8.1 to 10 and its now useless because the touch screen doesn't work as its way out of where your finger is...

And it was dual boot with android but can't chance it over any more!!!!!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

MikeRJ

posted on 23/2/16 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
Windows 10 (and Windows 8.1 before it) 64 bit has worked well for me, I've had no compatibility issues at all and it's been rock solid, not a single crash since I've installed it.

The privacy aspects are a little disturbing however, even with everything turned off I have a suspicion it's probably sharing more information than I'd like. In all honesty I sort of wish I'd stuck with 8.1 now (with the Start8 start menu replacement), but then again perhaps that was also sharing more info than I'd have wished.

BT, buying a dead laptop with a valid COC sticker has been the cheapest way for me to get Windows 7 before.

[Edited on 23/2/16 by MikeRJ]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.