Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Windows Live sign-in error
nick205

posted on 11/4/17 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
Windows Live sign-in error

Morning all,

Starting up my Windows 7 Professional work laptop yesterday and today has thrown up the following error message. The worry is it appears to be for "Windows Live", which I don't have or use...!

Visiting the suggested URL throws up another error message saying "Services not available".

Can anyone suggest what is wrong and perhaps a solution?

For reference if I click the OK button the first error message goes away and I see no further errors.

gremlin1234

posted on 11/4/17 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
its something starting with windows, and can be disabled see
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2512032/you-receive-a-there-was-a-problem-that-caused-parts-of-the-microsoft-online-services-sign-in-assistan t-to-be-disabled-error

I would use the manual fix, but have used the fixit stuff before

nick205

posted on 11/4/17 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the link - sadly neither the automatic or manual methods worked
mark chandler

posted on 11/4/17 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
My laptop suddenly stopped working, invalid licence error... I have to hit f8 now and boot from last known good configuration it looks like Microsoft are trying to kill off anyone that does not want to be on the cloud.

I do not even get the option to use the code... Plenty of people on the Internet with legal copies have the same thing happening.

nick205

posted on 12/4/17 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
At work we all have PCs or laptops bought with Windows 7 pre-installed on them. Some older PCs still run Windows XP and we have one running Windows 10. We have our own servers for Exchange email, data etc. Last year we took up using a cloud based CRM system (OnePage). For the next 2 years we simply won't have a fast enough internet connection to migrate everything to the cloud - much as we might like to!

If it really were Microsoft trying to force peoples hands I'd be surprised - I guess you never know though.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.