Board logo

Can anyone identify this tool - it would help a friend clear his deceased father's garage
FuryRebuild - 1/3/17 at 12:29 AM


A friend of mine's father is going through the rather tough and poignant task of clearing out his recently deceased dad's shed, and he's found this thing below, and neither he nor I nor anyone else we know have a clue. As you can imagine, it's a tough job doing this, and hitting so many memories when you do so. So, if anyone knows what this would be, it would be the locosters...


loggyboy - 1/3/17 at 01:28 AM

Possiblyba bit big but some sort of syphon shaker?

FuryRebuild - 1/3/17 at 08:15 AM

A siphon was my idea. Not sure what a syphon shaker is though.

Gersen - 30/9/17 at 08:08 AM

Normally called a jiggle syphon. Shaking it up and down pulls a column of liquid up.

Essentially has a ball/spring valve (or just a ball) in a cylinder that acts as a little piston to pull up liquid on each downstroke and trap it on the upstroke.

Handy if you don't like a mouthful of something noxious you want to syphon

FuryRebuild - 30/9/17 at 01:26 PM

Thanks Gersen. That's great to know.