Board logo

Help needed spacing concentric slave
Bamo - 17/3/20 at 07:53 PM

I have am mk indy mated to an st170, its runs what I believe to be a billet 1.8 zetec flywheel and pinto clutch, I'm trying to find out how to work out the spacer required please? Thank you

907 - 18/3/20 at 03:50 AM

Hi.

I made a sandwich of several thicknesses of aluminium plate, bit of 8mm 6, 5, 3, 2, bolted them together and turned them the lathe.

Trial and error fitting omitting various thicknesses til I got it to work. If I remember it was third time lucky.

This was a Mondeo slave to a Getrag box/bell housing to a 907 Lotus clutch/flywheel.

Paul G

Rescued attachment Con clutch s.jpg
Rescued attachment Con clutch s.jpg

cliftyhanger - 18/3/20 at 08:22 AM

http://www.rwdmotorsport.com/downloads/hydraulic_release_bearing_kit_instructions.pdf

I worry about the amount left for wear in the clutch plate. It seems to be about the thickness of the friction material, but the cover fingers move 3-4times that. When I next have the gearbox out I shall make a "dummy" worn plate, and see how that works out (dummy plate likely to be a number of washers etc taped to the flywheel to mimic a worn plate)

I used the setup from Rally Design, what I was not best pleased about is that they don't sell the spacers for their kit. Only Burtons seem to have them. Great.