Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Job woes
AndyW

posted on 12/1/15 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
Job woes

Hi all,

Just a rant so bear with me.

Been in current job for 3 years. Very well paid, great package, pretty easy life. I always want more and in that, a role became available internally. I applied. Being the most experience within company, longest serving and with rather a large skill set to easily do the role, I don't get it. Sitting here wondering why the hell have I gone above and beyond all expectations for the last few years.

I look at the bigger picture. Spent all evening thinking about the reasons I didn't get it and the more I think the more I believe they have made the wrong decision. The person who got it I don't trust, never have, never will/ I will have to report to them. I simply can't and won't be able to work "for" them.

So do I let myself calm down, accept it wasn't my time, or realise that I'm obviously going nowhere and accept that. With that comes a choice. Sit back, take the money and play company man, or say what I feel and let them know.

I've never been a yes no man and will always argue my point, and if I am wrong I accept that but not without a fight.

I have been in my industry for over 20 years and believe I should now be at a stage where I either accept where I am, or move on.

Will I regret not fighting, and staying put, or will I regret saying my thoughts??

I don't really think anyone can give me the right or wrong advise, just venting to LCB massive. The only choice is the one I make.

Oh b0llox, I'm going to bed, night all.........................

A

kj

posted on 13/1/15 at 06:53 AM Reply With Quote
Stick with current role and look elsewhere, there loss in the end

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

bi22le

posted on 17/1/15 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
I dont often check this non car bit as I only look on the front page. What you have 'ranted' sounds familiar to my situation but I am further down the line.

I have been at my current company for 9 years and am shaping up my skill set and CV to jump.

I am currently on a better package and situation than ever, but like you, always want more. What staying put did give me was the feeling of being valued and good at what I do. I get a really good deal with my work and wonder some times why I am actually considering throwing the towel in for a speculative better job.

With me I feel that I want to progress at only 32 and if I make a mistake I still have many years ahead of me. I am also (trying to) move industries for better choice of company and job. Something I dont like. From friends that work in very fluent industries they jump straight away if something is not right. It is the expected thing. I dont know what you do so cant judge that call.

The other thing I tell myself is that I do actually like my job and live a nice lifestyle so there is no rush. This guy may fall on his face, you may have to leave before you do something that compromises your professional integrity.

Good luck and remember someone is always worse off.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

coozer

posted on 17/1/15 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
Nothing to complain about.. I was working (contracting) for city link up to Xmas...and you know what happened.. Been sitting here on the couch now twiddling thumbs for a month....

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.