Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fisher Fury for sale, 919 Blade, full cage, nice bits - under £5k
AdamR20

posted on 12/9/16 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
Fisher Fury for sale, 919 Blade, full cage, nice bits - under £5k

Morning all,

My Fisher Fury is up for sale. Cracking little car that is mechanically sorted. I bought it as a stop-gap for summer while I'm doing a scratch build, and it's proven to be fast and reliable. I run a small motorsport business and this is my 4th kit car - I know what to look out for when buying!

Currently not MOTd but was IVAd in 2005 so has a V5 and has been on the road before. I have all the bits with it, just needs headlight switch wiring in (headlights are in, wiring is done), fog light fitting, speedo fitting, mirrors fitting and away you go. Being 100% honest, might need someone 'friendly' to get it through emissions test but no biggie.

Spec as follows:

- 919 blade engine with stick shift / push-pull cable on the right (much more natural than it sounds!)
- Lowered race chassis (pickups at the front are raised away from the floor pan of the car - lower CoG with maintained roll centre height)
- Shift lights around the rev counter
- Baffled / billet sump (top gauge on video below is oil pressure - holds 5bar even at ~1.4g)
- Fresh Fuchs Pro4 fully synth 15w50 oil and filter
- Clutch pedal ratio modified to give a much more forgiving bite point (easier to pull away and smoother downshifts)
- Brake pedal modified (larger) and covered in griptape
- Bailey Morris prop (modified by NorthWest Propshafts)
- Live axle (much lighter than independent)
- Helical LSD with 3.54 ratio, gives top end of around 125mph, which it will just about do thanks to much better aero than a Se7en type car
- Compomotive CXR wheels with almost new A048Rs, 185/13 front and 205/13 rear
- GRP seats with adjustable drivers headrest. Both are bolted into the floor pan but driver's side has two positions for shorter / taller drivers. Pedals are fully adjustable to get comfy.
- Front wishbones are rose jointed, so fully adjustable caster (although I would leave it as-is, drives well)
- Full 4 wheel alignment recently and corner weighted for 80kg driver - car only is 460kg
- Decent sized fuel tank, did a full track day on one tank, no fuel surge as the float chambers in the carbs take care of that
- Momo suede wheel (nice and fresh, not old and crusty)
- Decent quality 4 point turnbuckle harnesses on both sides
- Full cage with additional hoop above driver's head. I'm about 5ft 9 for reference.
- 4 pot brakes all round (Wilwood front, HiSpec rear) with bias bar and adjustable brake bias in cockpit. Brakes are fantastic, no fade.
- Go kart calipers and modified MX-5 lever for handbrake. Light, neat, simple, works perfectly.
- Avo 2.25" dampers
- Custom front splitter
- Undertray under engine bay to help with aero
- Custom fitted lined car cover

Also have a spare 919 engine with what looks to be a reconditioned head that can go for £500 with the car if wanted.

Bad bits: Weird paintjob, panhard rod mount on chassis has been rewelded by someone recently and not re-painted yet, the odd gelcoat crack and dodgy headlight covers as is normal for these, but it's all very functional. Wiring behind the dash is a tangled mess, but is labelled up and works fine.

At the moment I only have the two pics from a track day the other week, but can get more if anyone is interested.

Price: £4600 if it goes as is, £4900 if I get it MOTd for you (unfortunately running 2 businesses means I don't have much spare time!). The car is on an industrial estate to so I can take you up and down the road before purchase if you wish. Also happy to spend a few hours with you explaining about the car, getting the pedals and seat set up right for you, etc. I'd like you to enjoy the car as much as I have, and driving position is massively important so it's worth getting right

As you can see this is a really quick little car with an awesome soundtrack - you won't find a quicker road-legal BEC for much cheaper than this!

Car is near Preston, Lancashire. Feel free to fire me a PM or get in touch via http://www.clearmotorsport.co.uk

Any questions shout up.

Cheers!
Adam

[Edited on 13/9/16 by AdamR20]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

HowardB

posted on 12/9/16 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
if only I had the space

nice sounding car - good luck with the sale

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

Vmax1974

posted on 12/9/16 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
If i had the funds i would snap your hand off for this good luck with the sale

micksymonds

posted on 14/9/16 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Nice looking & sounding car, except maybe the paint job!... Do you have some more pictures you can share please?

Cheers
Mick

steve m

posted on 14/9/16 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
That seems to be a bargin at that price, I would of thought it was more in the 7-8k range

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

AdamR20

posted on 16/9/16 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks gents - would appear it was a bit cheap as it has already sold! Thanks for all the interest

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.