Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fozzie
Angel Acevedo

posted on 29/7/17 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
Fozzie

I was off the forum for some time then got back intermittently, and now regular again, during a search, I came across Fozzie posts.
I used find posts and found she hasn´t posted since 2016, her profile lists last actiive on September.
Does anyone knows if she is OK.
Best regards.
AA

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theconrodkid

posted on 29/7/17 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
spoke to her on faceache a couple of days ago so yup,still ok,i message her if you want.
thanks for asking btw

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Angel Acevedo

posted on 29/7/17 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Theconrodkid...
No further action necessary, just curious.. I was searching for chassis paint information and came along some replies from Fozzie.
I wonder how my post ended on the"Wanted" forum...
Mods... Feel free to change to a more suitable forum... If needed...
Best regards.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NigeEss

posted on 30/7/17 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
Was thinking this a couple of weeks ago after Flaks return, that the few girls here seemed to have vanished.
Clairetoo is another.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

theconrodkid

posted on 31/7/17 at 06:47 AM Reply With Quote
Claire was last seen going up the strip at santa pod on her new bike so all is well with her

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

NigeEss

posted on 31/7/17 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
Claire was last seen going up the strip at santa pod on her new bike so all is well with her

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

Mr Whippy

posted on 31/7/17 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
not enough women building cars, a bit sad really

I've tried to get my two interested in mechanical things (they are quite young) but despite this are turning into the most girly girls imaginable

Fozzie

posted on 31/7/17 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Angel Acevedo
Thanks Theconrodkid...
No further action necessary, just curious.. I was searching for chassis paint information and came along some replies from Fozzie.
Best regards.

Hi Angel.... Thank you! I hope that you are keeping well!

I think 'Wanted' is a good section, the site must have an inbuilt AWOL finder!
and thank you Conrod for contacting me...

I have had a challenging couple of years health wise and a house move too, in between spinal surgeries.
Ousting 'aliens' growing in my spine only 1 left at the mo which is inoperable.
Currently nursing an acute fracture of my spine....blimmin painful it is too..whilst the powers that be
decide what to do or not.....as the case may be.

Enjoying the new place immensly the garage has a bigger foot print than my old house which is good!
I still have the Fozzmobile although cannot use her for now, she can be heard wimpering when I walk past her,
but not as loudly as me!!!!!!!
Much to do and look forward to.....and very, very sorry for my prolonged abscence xxxx

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

Angel Acevedo

posted on 1/8/17 at 12:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
quote:
Originally posted by Angel Acevedo
Thanks Theconrodkid...
Best regards.

Hi Angel.... Thank you! I hope that you are keeping well!

I think 'Wanted' is a good section, the site must have an inbuilt AWOL finder!
and thank you Conrod for contacting me...

I have had a challenging couple of years health wise and a house move too, in between spinal surgeries.
Ousting 'aliens' growing in my spine only 1 left at the mo which is inoperable.
Currently nursing an acute fracture of my spine....blimmin painful it is too..whilst the powers that be
decide what to do or not.....as the case may be.

Enjoying the new place immensly the garage has a bigger foot print than my old house which is good!
I still have the Fozzmobile although cannot use her for now, she can be heard wimpering when I walk past her,
but not as loudly as me!!!!!!!
Much to do and look forward to.....and very, very sorry for my prolonged abscence xxxx

Hi Fozzie.
Sorry to hear about your spine...
I understand your situation as I underwent two column surgeries.
I´ve been pain free for some 7 years now, so pain free that I have not had to shed some unwanted weight that otherwise should have caused some.
I don´t understand "Ousting ´aliens´" is that a term for "Bulging" or herniated discs?
Don´t be sorryfor your abscence, I was absent for longer and had no valid excuse.
I sincerely wish you recover fully.
Angel Acevedo

Fozzie

posted on 1/8/17 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
Ah yes! I understand your confusion Angel!
The first spinal operation was to correct a herniated disc, correct a spinal stenosis
and remove a piece of vertebra.

Although, I kept saying to my surgeon (A lovely, kind Spanish man from Barcelona), that it felt
as though I had another spine clamped on top of mine (the term of Alien came to be)
All was going ok painwise when after a couple of months the pain was getting unbearable,
I had an emergency MRI which showed a cyst like growth winding its way around my vertebra
and into the spinal canal...... definitely an 'Alien'...

Another operation..lasting 5 hours where he carefully removed the rapidly growing Alien
which was wrapping itself around everywhere, both he and I were very keen to avoid
having a spinal fusion. After surgery my surgeon was sitting by my bed showing me photos on his phone
of the alien which had grown even more since the MRI.

Five days later again in agony and now at home, another bout of intense agony, more MRI's that showed
the 'glue' used to prevent any further aliens growing in that spot, had an adverse (bad) reaction to my
body and turned itself into a type of expanding foam that was covering the nerve endings and going into the
spinal canal. The manufacturers of the 'glue' had only heared of 2 other similar cases, one in India and one
in South America....me being the third.
One of those two chose to go back to theatre and have the glue removed, the other opted to sit it out
and wait for the body to absorb. As I had two recent operations and the scar tissue was getting tough,
I opted to sit it out.....to say 'intense pain' doesn't cover it!!!!!!
Needless to say some long term nerve damage is the price to pay, and the other alien (a different species)
is deemed inoperable, so I could have done without the recent fracture at T12-L1 (different area)....in loads
of pain currently...not sure where this is going next as said on my previous post.

We called the thing Alien as it reminded me of the film with Sigournay Weaver and John Hurt...'Alien'

[Edited on 1-8-17 by Fozzie]

MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8600
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 1/8/17 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
Ouch!!!

I've also missed seeing you around and am saddened to hear how you're doing and that the Fozzmobile is not getting exercised. Hopefully things will improve and quickly and you'll get to make use of all that extra space you've got in the garage.

ps don't forget Signorney always gets the upper hand & perhaps you need to change your profile picture

Mr Whippy

posted on 1/8/17 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
Ah yes! I understand your confusion Angel!
The first spinal operation was to correct a herniated cyst, correct a spinal stenosis
and remove a piece of vertebra.

Although, I kept saying to my surgeon (A lovely, kind Spanish man from Barcelona), that it felt
as though I had another spine clamped on top of mine (the term of Alien came to be)
All was going ok painwise when after a couple of months the pain was getting unbearable,
I had an emergency MRI which showed a cyst like growth winding its way around my vertebra
and into the spinal canal...... definitely an 'Alien'...

Another operation..lasting 5 hours where he carefully removed the rapidly growing Alien
which was wrapping itself around everywhere, both he and I were very keen to avoid
having a spinal fusion. After surgery my surgeon was sitting by my bed showing me photos on his phone
of the alien which had grown even more since the MRI.

Five days later again in agony and now at home, another bout of intense agony, more MRI's that showed
the 'glue' used to prevent any further aliens growing in that spot, had an adverse (bad) reaction to my
body and turned itself into a type of expanding foam that was covering the nerve endings and going into the
spinal canal. The manufacturers of the 'glue' had only heared of 2 other similar cases, one in India and one
in South America....me being the third.
One of those two chose to go back to theatre and have the glue removed, the other opted to sit it out
and wait for the body to absorb. As I had two recent operations and the scar tissue was getting tough,
I opted to sit it out.....to say 'intense pain' doesn't cover it!!!!!!
Needless to say some long term nerve damage is the price to pay, and the other alien (a different species)
is deemed inoperable, so I could have done without the recent fracture at T12-L1 (different area)....in loads
of pain currently...not sure where this is going next as said on my previous post.

We called the thing Alien as it reminded me of the film with Sigournay Weaver and John Hurt...'Alien'

holy sh%t!

wow I hope you get better from all that soon

Fozzie

posted on 1/8/17 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Mike and Whipster!
Mike, any good ideas for the change of avatar??????

Fozz xx

HowardB

posted on 1/8/17 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
how about,...

Description
Description

always makes me think

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.