Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wanted: Type 9 Speedo Drive Gear
mccsp

posted on 21/4/19 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
Wanted: Type 9 Speedo Drive Gear

Hi,

I have misplaced my type 9 speedo drive gear. Does anyone have one going spare that I could relieve them of for a few beer tokens. Not sure if number of teeth matters? I can reprogram speedo but are the different number of teeth interchangeable?

Chris

Why do it the easy way, when I can do things my way!

Schrodinger

posted on 21/4/19 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
I don't have one but bought one a couple of years ago Burton I think it was but they don't seem to have them in stock.
how about this not cheap though
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/FORD-SIERRA-GRANADA-CAPRI-TYPE-9-GEARBOX-SPEEDO-GEAR-22-TEETH-DA-GEAR/183659762347?hash=item2ac2f992ab:g:fzMAAOSwTfBcb~QG

Keith
Aviemore

mccsp

posted on 22/4/19 at 06:37 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks, I had spotted them on eBay.

Currently speedo uses a sensor picking up on the rear prop bolts, but I think I either have a poor connection or the sensor is Getting to warm close to the diff as occasionally drops out so thinking of using the original position, just don’t want to spend £35-40 to find I buy a part that doesn’t fit.

I have e-mailed bearingkits.co.uk to ask if the different number of teeth are interchangeable and what they have in stock as they seem to have a range of prices but not a lot in stock. Will call them tomorrow afternoon if no reply.

Schrodinger

posted on 22/4/19 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote
I used a drive gear along with these https://www.burtonpower.com/revotec-electronic-speedo-adaptor-ford-gearbox-revt9-a.html and https://www.burtonpower.com/ford-electronic-speedo-sensor-revfss.html to drive my ETB speedo and it works fine.

Keith
Aviemore

steve m

posted on 22/4/19 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
If its the same drive as a type 2 gearbox, I do have a couple in the garage,

Do you remember what colour yours was, as im sure the ones I have a black or blue

Ive found them both if you want a pic

Let me know, and I will stick one in the post

[Edited on 22/4/19 by steve m]

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

mccsp

posted on 22/4/19 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
Keith,

That is the plan. I have the boys ready to fit, went to fit this weekend, which is when I realised there was no drive gear, I must have left it out knowing I was using a different pick up and can’t find the drive gear.

Steve,

Thanks for the offer. I think they are different but will do a bit of research and get back to you.

Chris

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.