Board logo

Stupid question time, injector wiring..
fha772 - 10/2/15 at 11:09 PM

Hi all,

I'm about to wire up the injectors on my Mercedes, and it just dawned on me, which pin is which on the injectors, or doesn't it matter.

I know an injector is basically a solenoid valve, and the current magnetises the coil, thus opening the injector.

So, does it matter which way the current goes?

The injectors are bosch from a bmw e46 M3.

Here's a couple of pictures...

Cheers Frank.

[Edited on 10/2/15 by fha772]

SPYDER - 10/2/15 at 11:26 PM

A quick google suggests that it doesn't matter. Various threads agree on this. If you google " bosch injector wiring" images you will find pics of pre-wired plugs to suit Bosch injectors, some with red wire to the left, some to the right.

[Edited on 10/2/15 by SPYDER]

fha772 - 10/2/15 at 11:33 PM

Thanks for that, I have already googled that, and hot the same result, but I thought it was sensible to double check first

BaileyPerformance - 11/2/15 at 07:53 AM

As long as all are wired the same it shouldn't matter, but if you look at the side of the injector (side if the plug) it's marked +
The connector is a mini timer, pin 1 is the positive.

owelly - 11/2/15 at 08:04 AM

All the injectors/ECUs I've played with, are switched earth. ie. there is a constant 12v+ to the injector and it 'fires' when it's earthed via the ECU. Possibly not relevant to your question as I guess you've got a wiring diag to work to?

fha772 - 11/2/15 at 05:40 PM

Thanks guys, I found the + mark on the bodies of the injectors, I've got it wired up now.
The Canems ecu is a switched negative.

I hope I've got it right!!!

[Edited on 11/2/15 by fha772]