Board logo

Fisher Fury suspension installation
Stuart15 - 11/5/18 at 03:50 PM

Good afternoon,

I am looking for advice/reassurance on installing new shocks on a fisher fury, particularly the rear.

I bought some nice shiny new shocks from Protech to replace the old Spanx units and need to get them installed fairly sharpish before my suspension setup and subsequent track day. I bought rather than built the car and whilst access to the front suspension looks fairly simple, access to rear looks a lot more awkward. Is it possible to change the rear shocks without removing the bodywork and just jacking the car up?

Thank you in advance,

Stuart

adithorp - 11/5/18 at 03:58 PM

Yes, they are removable without taking any bodywork off. ...or at least they should be unless the builder put the top bolt through in the wrong direction and the fuel tank is now in the way.

Stuart15 - 11/5/18 at 04:08 PM

Excellent, hopefully that'll all be fine then! Thank you for the response.

tims31 - 11/5/18 at 04:56 PM

As Adi says they should be fine. Have a look on my build blog and there are some images of the shocks fitted without the bodywork showing. Is yours IRS or Solid axle?

images here

Stuart15 - 11/5/18 at 05:43 PM

Brilliant, thanks. I've only had it a week, I'm not actually sure if it's got IRS or solid axle. I'll have a poke around over the weekend.