TVR
Straight

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rear light layout opinions please
tims31

posted on 30/12/16 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
Rear light layout opinions please

I would like to gather the opinions of the knowledgeable LCB masses on the potenial layout for my rear lights.

I have had a play around in photoshop and come up with a few designs so please have a vote on what you prefer. These layouts have not yet been completely designed around the IVA spec yet so may not be anything like these once I play by the rules.

Opinions please...
2up 1down
2up1down
2up1down

Large diagonal
large-diagonal
large-diagonal

Triangle
triangle
triangle

TVR
TVR style
TVR style

Straight
Straight
Straight

Build: http://www.martinsfurybuild.co.uk/

Mash

posted on 30/12/16 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
Straight

Car looks V nice by the way

sdh2903

posted on 30/12/16 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
Straight but a smidgen lower
bi22le

posted on 30/12/16 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
The 1st or last one for me, if you have to go with them lights. Otherwise I would go for more modern ones.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Matt21

posted on 30/12/16 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
1st or last for me too

Instagram: @matt211988

Photobucket

My YouTube

Samuele

posted on 30/12/16 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
Casually today I received the four rear lights for my Fury....
there a reason why I am so many (6 pieces)?
and request for VAT?
as regards the position I like the third photo

Kdempsie

posted on 30/12/16 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
I'd go with option 1 but perhaps with the main lights 'smidge' lower and maybe the reverse and fogs a little closer together.

I went with a slightly different look for my lights, see attached link just for info.

https://jpsc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1209&start=30

adithorp

posted on 30/12/16 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
I'd go for No1 but move the fog and reverse closer. The bit below the number plate is the flattest/squarest for the fog requirements without having to make a plinth.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

gremlin1234

posted on 30/12/16 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
I quite like the triangle one, however, you will also require rear red reflectors,
avagolen

posted on 30/12/16 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Martin,

Just seen this post. Interesting. I bought a similar amount of lights for my Fury.

I did not use the reversing lights as I thought it made the rear too cluttered.

I put the stop/tail and indicators as in picture 1. I then put the Fog light central below the number plate.
(I think there may be a fog light with a reversing light in the centre available now.)

Description
Description

For the reversing light, I put a completely different light in a suitable position. It is mounted with a single ally bracket and is held in place with a single bolt that I drilled out for the wires to pass through.

Description
Description

I have to say that the reversing light is the only part that I changed on the whole car after it was on the road.

All of the lights have fibreglass plinths that ensure that all are vertical, not for IVA reasons but for aesthetics.
It was a long process to manufacture the plinths, but worth it.

HTH

Len.

The Answer for everything, but never the last word....

snapper

posted on 30/12/16 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
Yup I'm going first or last with a bit lower
Thank you for this I have just bought an old Fury with a busy rear end that I know needs changing

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

loggyboy

posted on 30/12/16 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
Try a 'shop with them following the radius of the outer edge. Tail/stop at top, indicators at quadrant of radius and fog/rev horizontally symetrical with stop/tail on bottom.
Also the same radius principle, but indicators at extreme edge then move up and in to stop/tail then fogs (in this order remember to allow for min seperarion of fog)
Also, is the plate to scale? I've always found that kits are so small they come up much larger than you expect.

[Edited on 30-12-16 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

tims31

posted on 30/12/16 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mash
Straight

Car looks V nice by the way

Thanks, I'm moving towards straight with a few adjustments

The lights are LED's show should give a good brightness, not really keen on the hamburger or bullseye ones.

tims31

posted on 30/12/16 at 11:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
I'd go for No1 but move the fog and reverse closer. The bit below the number plate is the flattest/squarest for the fog requirements without having to make a plinth.

Yep, think I agree but will have to see how that fits in with the IVA regs, moving the stop/tail and indicator slightly lower.

tims31

posted on 30/12/16 at 11:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by avagolen
Hi Martin,

Just seen this post. Interesting. I bought a similar amount of lights for my Fury.

I did not use the reversing lights as I thought it made the rear too cluttered.

I put the stop/tail and indicators as in picture 1. I then put the Fog light central below the number plate.
(I think there may be a fog light with a reversing light in the centre available now.)

Description
Description

For the reversing light, I put a completely different light in a suitable position. It is mounted with a single ally bracket and is held in place with a single bolt that I drilled out for the wires to pass through.

Description
Description

I have to say that the reversing light is the only part that I changed on the whole car after it was on the road.

All of the lights have fibreglass plinths that ensure that all are vertical, not for IVA reasons but for aesthetics.
It was a long process to manufacture the plinths, but worth it.

HTH

Len.

Hi Len,

I'll have a play with photoshop and see how it looks with the fog and reverse under the number plate but spaced apart, I like the symmetrical look.

I have got some plinths that came with the lights but will probably cut these down so they just surround the outer edge of the light and make the lights vertical. It is just the Fog that needs to be 90 degrees for IVA but like you say for the aesthetics too.

Found this light on CBS which I may give a try. Could easily sit under the number plate in the middle of the rear and suit for Rear fog and reverse.
Description
Description

[Edited on 31/12/16 by tims31]

tims31

posted on 30/12/16 at 11:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Try a 'shop with them following the radius of the outer edge. Tail/stop at top, indicators at quadrant of radius and fog/rev horizontally symetrical with stop/tail on bottom.
Also the same radius principle, but indicators at extreme edge then move up and in to stop/tail then fogs (in this order remember to allow for min seperarion of fog)
Also, is the plate to scale? I've always found that kits are so small they come up much larger than you expect.

[Edited on 30-12-16 by loggyboy]

I think I understand what you mean will have a play and see what it looks like.

No the plate isn't to scale just what I thought would be about right so I could see how it worked with the lights, will take some pictures again next week when I'm off work so I get the correct scale and use an old plate I have in the garage.

tims31

posted on 1/1/17 at 03:40 AM Reply With Quote
I think the main concensus of opinion is to go with the two straight stop/tail indicator setup which I have lowered slightly and found this rear oval fog/reverse combination on Car Builder Solutions and added that below the number plate in the middle. Also they have some small oval reflectors too which match the shape of the fog/reverse light.

Description
Description

Only thing is, the fog emits red light but has a clear lens, looking in the IVA manual it just states it must emit red light so figure it will be OK as it has the required markings on 'E' 'F' etc. Has anyone else used this lamp at IVA or used a clear lens fog light???

Description
Description

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.