Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Painted my Locost in the garage - timelapse video
f27

posted on 9/4/17 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
Painted my Locost in the garage - timelapse video

Hi,

Just thought I'd share this, as I was searching for something similar to watch before I took the plunge.

I race in the 750MC Locost championship, and wanted to bring some colour to my black car. I had a spray gun (a Devilbliss), I had bought paint a while ago (I went for Renault Liquid Yellow Pearl - a 2 stage cellulose paint) and had decided on using Matt Lacquer to be a bit different. I was doing it at short notice, and my local paint place only had the primer and lacquer in rattle cans.

Briefly, I sheeted off the garage (although I took my time and did this well everything got covered in lots of yellow dust, as I didn't have any windows or door open, as it was really cold outside) I rubbed the paint down with 600 paper, did 2 coats of lacquer, 2 coats of base paint, 2 coats of top pearl paint, then 2 coats of lacquer. I took the masking off before the paint had dried, so it didn't lift the paint. Anyway, here:

https://youtu.be/C82FVmI29xs

SOLD - F27 Blackbird, F27 ZZR1400, MK Indy Hayabusa, 3 750MC Crossflow Locosts, Ultima GTR - currently got a MX5 powered Locost racing car

Hodor

posted on 10/4/17 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
Nice job, like the matt finish. Will remember that for future projects. Was half expecting Heisenberg to turn up in the tented area. He didn't show, but there was some crack there.
swanny

posted on 11/4/17 at 07:06 AM Reply With Quote
thats a lovely colour
loggyboy

posted on 11/4/17 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
Looks very cool. Liquid Yellow is one of my fave Clio colours. Think i would have 'ummed' and 'ahhed' over gloss though.

Mistral Motorsport

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.