Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zero Compatible GRP
Ron Lang

posted on 21/8/17 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Zero Compatible GRP

Wow, what's with the cost of the GRP bodywork from GBS!? Does anyone know if other manufacturers' bodywork will fit the Zero?

For example, the front and rear wings can be had for less than half the price on kitcardirect but I have little way of knowing if they're compatible. One assumes the wings are pretty standard across all 7 kits but the nose cone is unlikely to work I guess? And scuttle and bonnet are almost certainly going to be car specific.

Has anyone tried this?

chris

posted on 21/8/17 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
I am going to be making my own replacement body parts from grp over the winter
WallerZero

posted on 22/8/17 at 05:37 AM Reply With Quote
Find a GRP manufacturer that can use the existing for a mould. If you're savvy, can get a couple sets made and break even Not sure how GBS would view that though......

http://zachsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk/

Ron Lang

posted on 22/8/17 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WallerZero
Find a GRP manufacturer that can use the existing for a mould. If you're savvy, can get a couple sets made and break even Not sure how GBS would view that though......

Yea I agree that solution doesn't seem the most ethical!

Perhaps I should be asking whether the GBS bodywork is superior in quality? There must be a reason for such a price difference and I want to give them the benefit of the doubt.

WallerZero

posted on 23/8/17 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
I'd get a quote anyway and see what comes back. If its substantially cheaper, sod ethics haha. I'll need some new front wings soon so may be going that route but getting a couple things added to aid aero/aesthetics. They'rea a bit plain for my liking lol.

As for quality, my GBS GRP is 4 years old and still going strong. Probably done around 5-8k miles with it in total. I'd probably wrap it to hide age related imperfections but its still structurally sound

http://zachsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.