Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: More nose cone problems!
Iwan

posted on 31/3/02 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
More nose cone problems!

Gents – Leading form pervious question, I have decided to fit the nose cone around 2in farward on the front of the chassis. By doing this it saves me having too much of a lump in the bonnet or raise it by an inch!
Where do I stand with the SVA as to the gap, is it a requirement to cover all the side or can it be left open??

Iwan

Jon Ison

posted on 1/4/02 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
How far you got ? My 1st engine was a 1600 pinto and it went under bonnet / nose cone without any cut outs, i took 3" off the sump to do it and put wings on sump, but it lowers the engine and gave better handling.....the chassis height was "as book" and the nose cone came from "Robin Hood" now called "Lolocost"...just a thought
Jon Ison

posted on 1/4/02 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
ahhhhhhhh just read back your previuose postins....chop some more off.....be a devil, it will go in there honest, just get some one to jump on bonnet whilst you fasten it.
Iwan

posted on 2/4/02 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
Jon - I have taken my sump down on my 2L pinto to the bottom of the bellhousing and the sump now sits 2in lower than the chassis.I am still a tad to high for the nose cone to fit over engine that's whay I have moved the nose forward! So does it mean I have to close the gaps up for the SVA?????

Iwan

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.