Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Scuttle edge trimming stuff?
jmbillings

posted on 5/4/02 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
Scuttle edge trimming stuff?

Having troubler finding some- our scuttle is double layered, so the edge is probably 3-4 mm altogether. The normal edgin you can buy wont fit, we need something bigger- any ideas?
Last months kit car mag, with the westfield seight shows something that looks handy, but I dunno if westie will sell bits like that if you dont have their kits! Maybe I'll give em a call... Any other suggestions appreciated

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrisg

posted on 7/4/02 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Hi JM,

I used Morris minor scuttle trim,it's u shaped but with an extra bit on it that goes up, damn, i can't describe it! the u shaped bit goes over the flange and the other bit sticks up as a buffer between the bonnet and the scuttle, you'd need two as it's not quite long enough

I hope you get what I mean!

Cheers

Chris

stephen_gusterson

posted on 7/4/02 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
Take a look around a scrap yard. There are a whole host of trims you can take off cars there. I *Think* Metros with pop open rear windows (2 door) have a kinda push over U channel if you just want a blind edge, if you want a channel with a seal edge, you will find those on most car door frames.

ATB

Steve

David Jenkins

posted on 8/4/02 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Last months kit car mag, with the westfield seight shows something that looks handy, but I dunno if westie will sell bits like that if you dont have their kits! Maybe I'll give em a call...

Try them - in the past they've been more than happy to sell spare parts to anyone who's interested.

Just don't make a big thing about building a Locost - they may turn funny on you!

jmbillings

posted on 8/4/02 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
As an update, I found a trimming company not far from here who sell all sorts of this stuff, so I will pay them a visit one morning- I can see what I am getting then! Thanks for the help people!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.