Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: funbuggie?
marshall

posted on 19/5/09 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
funbuggie?

has anyone on here built a funbuggie as
i was thinking about building one. they look fun and look easy to build. it should be easy as i have built a tiger avon now sold... and it is locost and fun....

Mr Whippy

posted on 19/5/09 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
looks a real blast probably more useful than my vw beach buggy...hmm I wonder

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
richardh

posted on 19/5/09 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
linky?

Time for a change!

Mr Whippy

posted on 19/5/09 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by richardh
linky?

linky

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iank

posted on 19/5/09 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
I'm building one, slowly.

Get yourself over to http://www.muddybuggies.com/
and the forum http://www.muddybuggies.com/Buggies-Forum/

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Mr Whippy

posted on 19/5/09 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank

why slowly? surely there's not much to them at all? we were discussing the funnbuggy at work and it looks like 95% of the thing could be built from just scrap cars

Dangle_kt

posted on 19/5/09 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
Look good, I like the way its essentially a road car being ragged round a woods. The only reason it seems to make it is it weighs next to nothing.

I've done a few 4x4 things, and often prefer leaving it in 2wd, as its much more fun. Though it was always nice to have 4wd for when I got stuck!

Shame the build cost just went up by nearly a quarter due to IVA costs!

iank

posted on 19/5/09 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
quote:
Originally posted by iank

why slowly? surely there's not much to them at all? we were discussing the funnbuggy at work and it looks like 95% of the thing could be built from just scrap cars

Slowly because until last month I worked at the other end of the country from home. When I came home at the weekends it was more about the wife+kids. Did that for over 5 years (yes I probably was certifiably insane).

Since I took the companies 'package' I now have the time, but this month has been "decorating month!" and looking for something else to do with my days.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

MikeRJ

posted on 19/5/09 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
These are great little machines! Looking forward the the K series engined one, that could tempt me.
Mr Whippy

posted on 19/5/09 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt
Look good, I like the way its essentially a road car being ragged round a woods. The only reason it seems to make it is it weighs next to nothing.

I've done a few 4x4 things, and often prefer leaving it in 2wd, as its much more fun. Though it was always nice to have 4wd for when I got stuck!

Shame the build cost just went up by nearly a quarter due to IVA costs!

its the engine over the rear wheels, coupled to a very low front weight thats the key, I can go places my landys could never go due to the fact my buggy just floats on the surface where as a landy tends to sink and then digs its way through with the 4 wheel drive.

mad4x4

posted on 19/5/09 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
I've be 4x4 for years Landys, SJ etc. I like what I see would be intresting to turn up to a RTV in one of those or a 4x4 version...... Got me thinking now

Because I was planning to get rid of the Landy anyway! and the Indy is damn near finished..........

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

marshall

posted on 19/5/09 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
what type of subframe? i know it is the frount subframe .but whitch one do you use or can you use anyone ? need to find one cheap as poss....or free lol
iank

posted on 19/5/09 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marshall
what type of subframe? i know it is the frount subframe .but whitch one do you use or can you use anyone ? need to find one cheap as poss....or free lol

It's a front subframe from any (I think non MPi) manual mini.
Two bolt preferred over 4 bolt, but either can be used.

--
Anonymous

iank

posted on 19/5/09 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
Here's a word version of the build manual. It's been updated a little since then, but not a lot.

http://www.spagweb.com/v8mini/tech_files/freestyle.doc

--
Anonymous

Dangle_kt

posted on 19/5/09 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
part built home made jobbie... ready for an r1 engine! *evil laugh*

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Funbuggies-Freestyle-Yamaha-R1-Engine-Mini-base-kit-car_W0QQitemZ250424863288QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item25042486 3288&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

marshall

posted on 19/5/09 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
not for me i want a car engine one .as i know fa about bikes sorry .......
Mr Whippy

posted on 19/5/09 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt
part built home made jobbie... ready for an r1 engine! *evil laugh*

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Funbuggies-Freestyle-Yamaha-R1-Engine-Mini-base-kit-car_W0QQitemZ250424863288QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item25042486 3288&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

looks brilliant

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.