Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Would these go through IVA
corrado vr6

posted on 1/2/10 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
Would these go through IVA

Hi, Can anyone tell me if these mirrors would go through IVA? Or can recommend another chrome wing mirror that would be IVA safe, thanks in adavnce Greg

http://r1indy7.wordpress.com/

blakep82

posted on 1/2/10 at 11:35 PM Reply With Quote
i would say, rather than go for fancy chrom aftermarket mirrors, go with something standard that will definitely work (even if its a truck mirror lol) to get through IVA, then fit the ones you really want after, so if you want those, get them, but fit them after iva

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Nash

posted on 1/2/10 at 11:44 PM Reply With Quote
Mirror side looks ok. Check around the bases. Look for anything that will impact the 2 1/2mm sphere. i.e. sharp edges. If it has rubberise it.

..........Neil

It's What You Do Next That Counts.

Build It, Buy It, Drive It:
Southern Kit Car Club

LBMEFM

posted on 2/2/10 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
As Blake82 says, don't leave anything to chance, fit what will pass and then fit the nice bits after the test. Barry
martin1973

posted on 2/2/10 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
i used the same mirrors but black for my sva it passed no problem.

martin

aitch

posted on 2/2/10 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
i have those fitted on my bike, theyre very lightweight chromed plastic im still not convince about durability but they have seen couple of thousand miles now and speed you wont see in a kit car and are as yet unmarked

you could always fit a second hand pair of mirrors from a busa (cheap off ebay) then swap after iva

advantage being that your mounting points will be the same

aitch

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BenB

posted on 2/2/10 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
The problem with some bike mirrors is that often they're designed to be used with your face about 30cm away from them so they can have quite a narrow field of view. Put them on a car (where you're seated further away) and you may not have enough to pass the tests. Then again I passed with some Cub70 ones (though they're designed to be used with a more upright position so the head is further away).....
Bluemoon

posted on 2/2/10 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
Tiger used to sell chrome ones.. Might be worth a look: linky

Cheers

Dan

Mark Allanson

posted on 2/2/10 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
I have standard black ones, passed SVA, I just had the last 45mm cut off an old steering rack gaiter just to make sure of the raduii on the base

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Mark Allanson

posted on 2/2/10 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
I knew I had a pickie somewhere (bought them from CBS) Rescued attachment GSXR Mirror.jpg
Rescued attachment GSXR Mirror.jpg

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.