Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Recieved my body work today, some questions...
derf

posted on 25/5/04 at 02:32 AM Reply With Quote
Recieved my body work today, some questions...

I took delivery of the nosecone and scuttle today, the nose fits fine, but the scuttle doesnt.

The problem with the scuttle is an easy fix, I mounted the steering colum mount in the same place as the scuttle attaches, I was just going to cut a bit off both, and make it fit.

My main question is how to mount the nosecone, there really isnt a lip on the edge that meets the upper frame rail, there is a small one, but not big enough for fasteners. Is there something I'm missing. Please post photos.

Adding photos

Trail fit of body work

body work trial fit
body work trial fit

The steering colum mount that needs cutting

problem with scuttle
problem with scuttle

Isnt there supposed to be a lip that sits on the frame? There is one about 1/4 inch, not big enough to use a fastener.

isnt there supposed to be a lip here? (nose)
isnt there supposed to be a lip here? (nose)

I was originally going to drill a hole through the frame and the lip on the nose, and run a steel nub up through the frame, weld it from the bottom, and then just have a pin hold it on, then put a hinge at the bottom front so I could rotate the nose forward to give me access to the radiator assembly

[Edited on 25/5/04 by derf]

JoelP

posted on 25/5/04 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
ive put hinges on the bottom of my nose, it makes it very easy to get on and off. I think the easiest way to sort the other end of the nose may just be to fiberglass something onto the nose, that can be bolted down. On mine, im just going to drill a hole i think, and bolt it to a bracket.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

splitrivet

posted on 25/5/04 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
I just welded a piece of 2 inch wide 1/8 strip to the top chassis rail behind the bonnet lip derf so that the fixing is hidden by the bonnet.
Looks like youll have to rethink your steering mount tho.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.