Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: PC Driving Games
RK

posted on 24/10/10 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
PC Driving Games

Suggestions? I have tried Richard Burns Rally Demo, which is so good, I get carsick, and GTR2 Demo (Ferrari around Catalunya). I have heard about rFactor, but I tried the demo, and then it all stopped after I shut it down; it then tried to get me online, but nothing worked.

Keeping in mind that I am a simpleton with a Logitech wheel and pedals, how does this all work? Are the games worth it?? How do they install etc.?

[Edited on 24/10/10 by RK]

matt.c

posted on 24/10/10 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
Live for speed

Google it for the demo

Ninehigh

posted on 24/10/10 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
I heard about that Rfactor, if it's the one I'm thinking of it took 2 days to get to do anything, and then it took another 2 days to not get into a race where I decided I don't need a game this badly.

Gergely

posted on 24/10/10 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, has to be Live for Speed. That's a real driving game... just download it free (the limited version).
Gergely

Our build pictures

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
flibble

posted on 24/10/10 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
I'd have to say try rFactor again, never had a problem with it although I must admit the the online community has drifted away somewhat
There are also endless tracks/cars to download for free (although the caterham series is still my fave by far, especially on the Nordschleife!), all freely available at Simraceway and other such places.
To get lots of online action there's forums out there such as Wrracing.net that run races with plenty of players etc.
Im waiting for rFactor 2 that's been in the pipeline for aaages, no idea when it actually comes out though...

prawnabie

posted on 24/10/10 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
Live for spee, we need to set up a Locost Builders race!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.