Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: PX600 Airbox
Yazza54

posted on 3/1/11 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
PX600 Airbox

Has anyone used this airbox??

http://www.thepipercrossshop.co.uk/competition_600_airbox.asp

Trying to weigh up whether it will fit. There are dimensions of the height but nothing of the height where it tapers off toward the inlet. With the bonnet bulge on the fury it'd need the taper where the bonnet has the most clearance, so I could run it with the inlet at the back and a longer duct. Just unsure whether the taper will be shallow enough. I Think my filter is currently about 65mm tall.

Also, do they perform well with these fitted? Mines a R1 engined fury. Or am I better off with my foam filter?

bob tatt

posted on 3/1/11 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
i run one on a busa with no problems flowing enough air and a lot quieter than a foam filter it tapers quite sharply will have a measure later for you if it helps. What i did was use some 135 degree bends off the throttle bodies into the air box this lowered it enough to fit under the indy bonnet no problem.

hth rob

Yazza54

posted on 3/1/11 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob tatt
i run one on a busa with no problems flowing enough air and a lot quieter than a foam filter it tapers quite sharply will have a measure later for you if it helps. What i did was use some 135 degree bends off the throttle bodies into the air box this lowered it enough to fit under the indy bonnet no problem.

hth rob

Cheers for the reply, lowering it may be an option. If it's not too much trouble to measure it would help!

I'm unhappy cos I eat and I eat cos I'm unhappy

Yazza54

posted on 3/1/11 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
Just had a look with the bonnet closed on full lock so I could see under the clam... absolutely no chance am I getting an airbox under there! Don't want you wasting your time measuring it, but thanks for offering.

bob tatt

posted on 3/1/11 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
no worries have an ask around among fury owners im sure there is a solution out there,

rob

Gergely

posted on 3/1/11 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
I have one fitted in an MNR and R1, and it fits no problems. Touches on the bonnet slightly, but at least helps the bonnet keep its shape. No bonnet bulge needed, and clean fresh air provided from the front of the car.

Our build pictures

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sorens2

posted on 3/1/11 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
I have one on my MNR ZX12.
It should be like this from new.
My guess is + 10-15 bhp.

Soren S2

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Yazza54

posted on 3/1/11 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
It may be +10hp over your previous setup, but I remember you saying yours didn't want to rev to the redline. Mine pulls like a train all the way so probably not as much of a increase. It's not really for performance anyway, I need to make it a bit quieter.

Looks smart too, just can't see it ever fitting under the bonnet.

Bet it'd work really well on mine too with the new air duct I've fitted.

Hmmmm, what's it made of? If it's ally I could cut it down a bit maybe?

Thanks for the help all!

[Edited on 3/1/11 by Yazza54]

theduck

posted on 3/1/11 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
Could you not have something made to do a similar job? I now RS Fabrications have done intricate custom airboxes before.
jeffw

posted on 4/1/11 at 06:32 AM Reply With Quote
I would think a talk with Andy Bates of AB Performance would be the best bet. He deals with Furys with BECs all the time in the RGB championship and he has done airboxes for them.

Yazza54

posted on 14/1/11 at 12:14 AM Reply With Quote
Job jobbed

Chet

posted on 16/1/11 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
Do you notice any difference in engine performance between your old foam filter and the Pipercross with the additional curved hoses?

Thanks
Chet

Yazza54

posted on 16/1/11 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Good question, I've not driven it yet because the weathers so bad. Will report back with my findings soon (I hope!)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.