Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Westfield Windscreen and Wet Running Gear
mccsp

posted on 17/2/11 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Westfield Windscreen and Wet Running Gear

Hi,

Two points really. One to help others and one request for help.

A Widebodied westfield windscreen will fit a Luego Velocity XT!

Last year I recieved a bit of help from JAMSTER. He let me make a template of his wide bodied westfield windscreen. The shape looked promising on the scuttle panel so I purchased a second hand set of wetfield windscreen supports. A trial fit convinced me to invest in the screen as well. To cut a long story short, the screen is now fitted to my luego using the westfield supports and I am very happy with the result. I purchased the fibreglass scuttle element, which I have yet to fit (requires a small amount of fettling, but this should finish it of nicely. It is not the cheapest option, but I liked the uprights and side mirror arrangement and figured that the windscreen would be easier to replace should I ever need t, than buying some random screen.

My Car - CSP
My Car - CSP

Windscreen Back 2
Windscreen Back 2

Car Front 2
Car Front 2

Dad in the background!

Car Side 2
Car Side 2

Now come the next stage, Weather Gear (I know I should Man Up, but I am getting married in September and hope to use the kitcar to get from the church to the reception, approx 10 miles away, and in this country, who knows what the weather may hold)

Also, the car was never built to be a race car, was meant to be fun with "some" comfort.

The question is, has anyone successfully fitted Westfield Wet weather gear?
Does anyone in the peterborough area have a set of doors, that I could make a template of?

I do like the Quantam Extreme grp sidescreens, does anyone in the peterborough area have a set, I could make a template of? Or could take a picture and add all the important dimensions? Maybe someone has already fitted them to a Luego?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

[Edited on 17/2/11 by mccsp]

Why do it the easy way, when I can do things my way!

Richard Quinn

posted on 17/2/11 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mccsp
I know I should Man Up, but I am getting married in September

That's the end of that plan then eh? ;-)

mccsp

posted on 17/2/11 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
At the moment my wife to be is also keen on the idea, and I am making the most of it at present to try and get stuff done!

JAMSTER

posted on 17/2/11 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
doors

hi
i have a set of doors you can draw your template from you know where i am send me a u2u if you wanted to pop round.

Andybarbet

posted on 17/2/11 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
Im in stevenage, i have also picked up westfield screen supports a couple of years ago because i think they look really nice, i have yet to try a screen but youve answered my question for me thanks I have the screen fillet which as you say, is almost a perfect fit on the scuttle to cover the wiper stubs etc

Just replying to say i have one westfield sidescreen to which i was going to make a pattern from, your welcome to borrow it for trial purposes and pop it back to me when your done, i cant see me needing it for atleast 12 months.

U2U me your number if you want to borrow it for a while & good luck with the wedding, i got married last summer and it was & still is fantastic

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

mccsp

posted on 17/2/11 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
JAMSTER,

I will be in contact shortly, thank you.

Andy,

If I need to borrow a door I will be in touch, thank you very much.

General, still pretty keen to find out more about the Quantum Extreme sidescreens.

Andybarbet

posted on 17/2/11 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
No probs, there is a couple of quantums that go the the SG7 meets in Baldock, might be worth a trip down the A1 if your free on the next one to take some measurements.

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

mccsp

posted on 17/2/11 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
Andy,

How often do they happen? The car is off the road, prob til end of March, hoping to try and get bits before then if possible, does everyone turn up in their kitcars all the time?

Andybarbet

posted on 17/2/11 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
They are usually on the 1st sunday of the month, quite a few turn up in kits, the website is www.sg7kitcars.co.uk

Might be worth popping down, i think 'xtreme kermit' on here goes to the meets in his quantum extreme, might be worth a U2U to him to see if he will be at the next one.

Let me know if end up going and i will pop over there too, i havent been for a few months as ive been really busy on sundays.

mccsp

posted on 17/2/11 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Andy,

I will see what I am up to. Bro's birthday on first weekend of March, but if don't make it then I may well be able to take the car to the next one.

Andybarbet

posted on 17/2/11 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Great, i could do with a good look at a luego with zetec & gsxr's just to get an idea how mine will all fit in, its in bits on the workbench at the mo & i have a bare chassis with nothing screwed on it yet.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.