Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: quick rack how easy
bob tatt

posted on 21/2/11 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
quick rack how easy

as above how easy is it to change from standard to quick rack on the sierra, seen a conversion kit on the bay including postage its 80 and had a price from mk for the conversion was wondering if its worth me doing at home.

mucho thanks rob

Hellfire

posted on 21/2/11 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
Replacing the rack internals on a shortened/modified Sierra rack is quite easy. The most difficult part is cutting the quick rack down to size and drilling and tapping a new internal thread. If you have the tools to do it, it shouldn't be too difficult.

Phil

matt_claydon

posted on 21/2/11 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
If you buy a generic quick rack kit it'll need cutting down and the end retapping (M14 fine or someting like that). The mk one will be ready to fit. I did the former as it was easier for me at the time, but more expensive once you've paid for the tap.
Stuart_B

posted on 21/2/11 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
i just done mine, form the kit i got for Christmas, to it to my local engineering company, to cut it down and thread it, and gave him 20quid, and done it the same day, so i was happy

depends on how much mk want for one?

cheers

stu

black mk indy, 1.6pinto on cbr600 bike carb's.

bob tatt

posted on 21/2/11 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
looking at buying the tap and or getting an engineering firm to do it( there is only one local to me and its quite a big outfit so there not to interested in small jobs) it looks like mk might be the way to go with it.
thanks for the replies lads, whats it like with a quick rack anyway never driven one, im only changing because of installing electric paddles and the wire keeps getting wrapped round the column.
Why are simple jobs always twice as time consuming and expensive as they first seem.

bob tatt

posted on 21/2/11 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
just checked rally design 120 on there plus postage
owelly

posted on 21/2/11 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Ford Sierra Quick Rack, steering rack, kit-car,race car on eBay (end time 24-Jan-11 22:01:27 GMT)
And these guys will fit it to your own rack!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob tatt

posted on 21/2/11 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for that owleey just had a u2u2 from danny keenan and its the same price and i get to drool over there race cars while they do it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.