Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: challenger bodywork
dern

posted on 23/8/04 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
challenger bodywork

Is anyone building with an aim to fitting the GTS challenger bodywork? Does it fit the book chassis and will it get through SVA?

Thanks,

Mark

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
I love speed :-P

posted on 23/8/04 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dern
Is anyone building with an aim to fitting the GTS challenger bodywork? Does it fit the book chassis and will it get through SVA?

Thanks,

Mark

We are, there is a slight mod, to the chassis, and i havnt looked at the sva yet, as not sure, if we are going to make it road legal

Don't Steal
The Government doesn’t like the competition

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
pbura

posted on 23/8/04 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
Have seen it mentioned before that the headlights are too low. Suggest getting the facts for yourself, but it's something to look into.

Pete

ned

posted on 23/8/04 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
I'd imagine you could just jack the ride height up to hepl with the headlight height. Would be best to email Mark at Triton or Darren at GTS as they both know about the car/moulds etc..

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

dern

posted on 23/8/04 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ned
I'd imagine you could just jack the ride height up to hepl with the headlight height.
Hmm, good idea. I'll look into that.

Thanks,

Mark

andyps

posted on 23/8/04 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
I read that with the re-introduction of their Lotus 11 style bodywork Westfield have made some alterations to make it SVA compatible, but how was not specified. Maybe a call to Westfield would reveal what they had to do.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

Hugh Paterson

posted on 23/8/04 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
Westfield discontinued the production cause the headlights were too low I think, I asked the question months ago of Mark at Triton but didnt get a reply
Shug.

posted on 23/8/04 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
does anyone, no what hight they need to be? and i will go messure approxiatly, 2morrow, or some time

Don't Steal

mandy69

posted on 23/8/04 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
silly suggestion, but if the lights are too low wouldn't bigger wheels lift the car up?

posted on 23/8/04 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mandy69
silly suggestion, but if the lights are too low wouldn't bigger wheels lift the car up?

you would loose, of what little turning lock you have, cus of the enclosed arches

Don't Steal

andyps

posted on 23/8/04 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hugh Paterson
Westfield discontinued the production cause the headlights were too low I think, I asked the question months ago of Mark at Triton but didnt get a reply
Shug.

Westfield have just re-introduced the eleven based on the original design with MG Midget running gear.

Andy

DavidM

posted on 23/8/04 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
Minimum height of dipped beam headlight is 500mm. That's from the ground to the apparent trace of the beam cut-off on the lens. (whatever that means!).

So get your tape out. Hope this helps.

dern

posted on 24/8/04 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
Ride height

Would it be possible to temporarily raise the ride height to satisfy sva and then lower again when you get home?

Mark

ned

posted on 24/8/04 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
yes!!!

beware, I've got yellow skin

posted on 25/8/04 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
when the body was test fitted 2 day, (c http://locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=16785 ) it messured 48cm, only 2 short of the sva standard, which could easily b made up

heres the photo

Description
Description

Thanks Phil

[Edited on 25/8/2004 by I love speed :-P]

Don't Steal

posted on 25/8/04 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
p.s. cus of this, i have desiced, to make it road legal

Don't Steal

dern

posted on 26/8/04 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I love speed :-P
when the body was test fitted 2 day, (c http://locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=16785 ) it messured 48cm, only 2 short of the sva standard, which could easily b made up
Nice one, thanks for letting us know

Mark

andyps

posted on 26/8/04 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I love speed :-P
p.s. cus of this, i have desiced, to make it road legal

Got to be a great decision.

Andy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.