Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Argh!!!! Dislodged clutch release arm, need to pull engine!!
DanP

posted on 21/6/15 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
Argh!!!! Dislodged clutch release arm, need to pull engine!!

Absolutely furious with myself... Was just finishing up refitting sump after pulling it to weld a hole I put in it last year, was trying to get as much clutch pushrod shaft as possible into the clutch slave and ended up pulling the release arm off the mounting meaning I have to pull the whole engine and split the engine/box to put it back together again!!!

I was minutes away from being back on the road now I'm weeks away!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!

Benzine

posted on 21/6/15 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
Been there done that engine out and back in within 2 hours though, have you got a crane?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DanP

posted on 21/6/15 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
Yes thankfully, bitten the bullet and started pulling!
Irony

posted on 21/6/15 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
That's an issue on the viento. I reckon my reverse gear is dodgy but it means taking the engine out. Which is easy to on the viento but still a days work!
DanP

posted on 21/6/15 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
6 hours later it's out.... Good time to change the clutch as I reckon it slips a little and change the box oil. Oh and clean the engine bay, and repainted the Engine.... Because it is not coming out again any time soon!!!
jollygreengiant

posted on 5/7/15 at 06:01 AM Reply With Quote
Been there, done that. Spent a day one (in a garage) changing the clutch on a Sportrak (Diahatsu), whilst tidying up I found a spring that held to release bearing onto the arm. DOH. Gearbox out, fit spring, refit box, just under 2 hours. It's surprising what you CAN get done when time is an issue.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

owelly

posted on 5/7/15 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
Late one night I started to change the clutch in my Minivan. By about 4am I had it done so jumped in, turned the key and started the engine. Then noticed the new clutch in the passenger footwell........

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Angel Acevedo

posted on 5/7/15 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
Late one night I started to change the clutch in my Minivan. By about 4am I had it done so jumped in, turned the key and started the engine. Then noticed the new clutch in the passenger footwell........

Made me cry...
From laughter...
Has happened to me with smaller stuff...

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.