Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: My MK Indy
karlak

posted on 17/9/15 at 07:15 AM Reply With Quote
My MK Indy

So, it is with a lot of disappointment that I am going to have to let the Indy go. Having spent so much time changing it from the Pinto setup which I purchased to the Duratec it is now.
In April this year I injured my Back while at work, which has resulted in two bulging discs and other related pain, I am still on a limited return to work as I cannot even drive the tintop for any distance without problems. Ironically, this happened a few weeks before my Indy was completed and put back on the road. I have been out in the car a few times and it is pretty awesome, but I am just in so much pain afterwards that I have to be realistic, it is just not worth risking extra damage to my back and the discomfort. To say I am gutted is an understatement.

So, with that, this turns into a valuation thread really where I can ask for advice on price -

It is a 2004 MK Indy in Yellow,

Duratec 2 litre.
jenvey Throttle Bodies
OBP Race pedal setup
Raceline alloy shortened Sump
APR Stronger crank bolts
OME 600 engine management
Mapped at Northampton Motorsport (190 bhp)
The prop shaft has been shortened and balanced
ETB Digidash 2
Interior all trimmed out with Carbon Fibre panels.
Quick steer Rack.
Short shift geartsick.

All road legal and Mot'd till next Summer.

There are probably other things I have missed off, but that gives an idea. She is certainly a little different to the Pinto engined car I purchased. Of course with all Kitcars there are improvements that can be made, isnt that why we love them . I will try and get some updated photos later if that helps.

If I could have any ideas of what price I should be asking please, it would be much appreciated.

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

rm0rgan

posted on 17/9/15 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
Unless you need the money right now, I'd wait and sell it in the spring....

Spend the winter tidying up the little bits that need it as people invariably buy on condition of the big bits and how it fundamentally looks and is built.

Good luck - wish your back a good recovery :-)

Sigs are uncool.

karlak

posted on 19/9/15 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply. I will have a think about it over the next week, or so.

Would be good if I could sell before winter sets in, or it will just be sitting in the garage. I guess if it went now, someone would have the winter to put their "mark" on it if they wished.

[Edited on 19/9/15 by karlak]

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 19/9/15 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
The chances are whatever price you got for it now you would get £1000 -£1500 more in the spring !!!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.