Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Different sized MK rear arches?
Mash

posted on 23/6/17 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
Different sized MK rear arches?

Hi Folks

I have fitted some Cateringvan wheels to my Indy, and the rears, being 8 inch and slightly incorrect offset, protrude enough to wear both the tyres and the arches on suspension travel. They are just about legal when viewed from above.

So I was thinking of buying the wider rear arches from MK, but spotted some secondhand ones on the Bay of E. 35 quid seemed pretty reasonable, allowing for some repairs that needed doing, so I paid up, and collected them on Tuesday.

They looked the same, have the same shape as my wings but are wider, and all seemed well until I offered them up to check against the existing ones. They are a different radius, so big that they almost fit around the exisiting arches, and will, therefore, not fit the body

My question then, is, do they make a larger size arch for a different model? Or, is there a similar car of a different make which has larger wings? The Guy selling them for his son seemed pretty genuine and showed me pictures of his sons car which had been wrecked in a mainly front end impact, and the pictures showed an almost unrecognisable car but it definitely had an MK grill

Any thoughts ? ...........

craigdiver

posted on 23/6/17 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Going by the book (and chassis plate CP11) the rear arches should be around R412mm, is that the size of your original arches (and how wide are they?, are you selling the old ones?)

Cheers

Craig

If it ain't broken, fix it anyway (just because).

Building - BMW powered Haynes Roadster/442E hybrid.

Volvo C30 T5 Polestar

Shiggins92

posted on 23/6/17 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
there is also 345mm ask the seller if they could measure them?
02GF74

posted on 23/6/17 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
Is widenening the existing ones not an option? This is a car builders site after all?

Mash

posted on 24/6/17 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
Is widenening the existing ones not an option? This is a car builders site after all?

Yes, I have considered that option, in fact I was measuring up yesterday, but I was more interested in letting someone else have the ones I bought as they are no use to me.

Was thinking about slicing the outer edge of my existing wings, then re-attaching the edge an inch further out with fiberglass tape and filler etc.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.