Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA application - taking forever
padrc66

posted on 25/6/19 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
IVA application - taking forever

has anybody else had a long wait between applying for IVA and getting a test date?

i did the online application on 3 May for a test at Cardiff or Bristol and got an automated response with a reference number.

i then got a message on 17 May saying my application had been accepted for assessment.

i've heard nothing further since and had no request for payment. As the website says "DVSA should offer you an inspection within 20 working days of receiving your completed application” and it's now been over 7 weeks i'm a bit concerned!

what is the normal wait and when did they ask for payment?

thanks for any insight

Paul D

rusty nuts

posted on 25/6/19 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
Do you not have to pay when booking appointment? Might be worth ringing DVSA?
snippy

posted on 25/6/19 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
I think I would be chasing them up Paul, something has gone amiss. They have a service level agreement to offer 95% of applicants a test date within 4 weeks of an application. When I submitted my application in January I received the same e-mail as you after just 3 days saying my application had been accepted for assessment. On the 4th day I got another e-mail stating the application was approved and to ring them to book a test date. I made payment over the phone at the time of booking a test. It only took me 5 days from submitting application to booking the test. You would be pretty unlucky to sit within the other 5% so give them a call and find out whats going on.
padrc66

posted on 27/6/19 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks everyone. I managed to ring them today to find out that they had been waiting for further information from me since 17 May.

Apparently an email had been sent at 10am but i have no record of it, not even in junk or spam folders. The weird thing was that i did get an email at12.30 on the same day saying "Your application for Individual Vehicle Approval has been accepted for assessment. Vehicle Identification Number: ******** *** You will receive a notification when the assessment of the application is complete. ***" so I assumed everything was OK.

The further information is regarding the fact that I bought the kit unstated off eBay so the original invoices are all in somebody else's name. i did include the ebay invoice with my original application but I have sent it again this morning together with an explanation.

I'm now waiting for a response....

i've posted all this just in case it helps somebody else in the future.

here's the car if anyone's interested:

snippy

posted on 28/6/19 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like a very tidy build well done. Good luck with your test and let us all know how you get on.
padrc66

posted on 5/7/19 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
They finally approved my application today, another 6 working days later. First available IVA date not until 14 August, nearly 15 weeks after i applied!

lesson of the story is make sure you check your spam folders and ring them up to pursue the application!!

gremlin1234

posted on 5/7/19 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
have you asked them for the registration forms yet?
padrc66

posted on 5/7/19 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
yes, i've got the forms but i can't send them off until the IVA is passed can I?
gremlin1234

posted on 5/7/19 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by padrc66
yes, i've got the forms but i can't send them off until the IVA is passed can I?

unfortunately, no, since you have to send the certificate, note KEEP A COPY! you don't get it back.

but at least since you have the forms, you won't be waiting that extra week for then to arrive.
and, of course you can start filling them in now ;-)

[Edited on 5/7/19 by gremlin1234]

padrc66

posted on 22/8/19 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
IVA delays - now passed and registered!

Just to update this

IVA successfully passed first time - everything OK except brake balance but tester was very helpful allowing me to adjust it during the test. the weather was atrocious and i drove it there so it was swimming in water and the immobiliser had got wet so was playing up - replacement in progress.

sent off registration paperwork last thursday and got back the registration today - wasn't expecting it to be that quick, they also sent back the original of the IVA certificate surprisingly.

unfortunately i only taxed it from the 1st of september as i didn't expect it to be so quick and the car is now in bits carrying out some post IVA mods so i can't use it quite yet

when it's back together i'll post up some pictures win its post IVA condition.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.