Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fuel costs.
Myke 2463

posted on 1/11/19 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
Fuel costs.

Anybody found a good deal on their gas / electricity suppliers.

Cheers. Mike.

Be Lucky Mike.

Andybarbet

posted on 1/11/19 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
I have been with Bulb for a couple of years now & it seems pretty good. I've no plans to change from them.

You can give your own meter readings & get an exact usage each month.

Take a look at their prices, if you decide to go with them I can introduce you & we both get something like £50 or £100 each for the privilege.

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

40inches

posted on 1/11/19 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andybarbet
I have been with Bulb for a couple of years now & it seems pretty good. I've no plans to change from them.

Take a look at their prices, if you decide to go with them I can introduce you & we both get something like £50 or £100 each for the privilege.

We went over to Bulb about 2 years ago, still paying £80 a MONTH less than we payed with EON

briarswood57

posted on 1/11/19 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
We use a load of gas and Pure planet was by far the cheapest. It’s also 100% renewable electricity and 100% carbon offset gas. As seems to be the way these days you enter your meter readings on the App - whole process really couldn’t be easier.

I found it really easy to switch and have had no issues with them. As with most other suppliers if I introduce you we both get £50 of Amazon vouchers. PM me if you want an introduction.

tul214

posted on 2/11/19 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
I have been with So Energy for the last 2 yrs. I cannot get cheaper and they sent me a family & friends link. If you sign up using it I get £40 and you get £40.

I promise you I am not affiliated and I'm not selling.......but maybe worth a try?

https://www.so.energy/r/SJMKIHQHH

Mark

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

AntonUK

posted on 2/11/19 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andybarbet

ditto that. Their app is simple and really well done too.

Build Photos Here

David Jenkins

posted on 3/11/19 at 02:21 AM Reply With Quote
When I looked around about 6 months ago, Octopus were the cheapest. They're also nice to deal with.

An extra bonus is, when I get a smart meter, I can have 4 hours of super-cheap electricity in the wee hours to charge my Nissan Leaf. Well below half of the normal economy 7 night rate.

Myke 2463

posted on 5/11/19 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
Many thanks Guy's

Be Lucky Mike.

nick205

posted on 5/11/19 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
Been with npower for a couple of years as they're cheapest in my area.

Was with Ovo before them.

Ovo came and installed "smart meters" for gas and electric free of charge.

Changed to npower who started requesting meter readings. When I advised them several times there were smart meters already there it turns out they couldn't read them remotely. I now have to get npower to come and install "smart meters" free of charge that they can read remotely. That's my only gripe. price wise our gas and electric bills dropped by around £150 a year between Ovo and npower - prefer the money in my pocket.

coyoteboy

posted on 7/11/19 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
Bulb is the cheapest for me if I don't go with eon, but eon are forcing smart meters for their cheap contracts and I categorically don't want a smart meter.

[Edited on 7/11/19 by coyoteboy]

Slimy38

posted on 7/11/19 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Changed to npower who started requesting meter readings. When I advised them several times there were smart meters already there it turns out they couldn't read them remotely. I now have to get npower to come and install "smart meters" free of charge that they can read remotely. That's my only gripe. price wise our gas and electric bills dropped by around £150 a year between Ovo and npower - prefer the money in my pocket.

That's not really Npower's fault though, that's the incompetents working on the Smart Meter project. We've got a similar situation with our British Gas smart meters, if we move away from British Gas then no other company will be able to read them.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.