Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Help needed spacing concentric slave
Bamo

posted on 17/3/20 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Help needed spacing concentric slave

I have am mk indy mated to an st170, its runs what I believe to be a billet 1.8 zetec flywheel and pinto clutch, I'm trying to find out how to work out the spacer required please? Thank you

posted on 18/3/20 at 03:50 AM Reply With Quote
Hi.

I made a sandwich of several thicknesses of aluminium plate, bit of 8mm 6, 5, 3, 2, bolted them together and turned them the lathe.

Trial and error fitting omitting various thicknesses til I got it to work. If I remember it was third time lucky.

This was a Mondeo slave to a Getrag box/bell housing to a 907 Lotus clutch/flywheel.

Paul G

Rescued attachment Con clutch s.jpg
Rescued attachment Con clutch s.jpg

cliftyhanger

posted on 18/3/20 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.rwdmotorsport.com/downloads/hydraulic_release_bearing_kit_instructions.pdf

I worry about the amount left for wear in the clutch plate. It seems to be about the thickness of the friction material, but the cover fingers move 3-4times that. When I next have the gearbox out I shall make a "dummy" worn plate, and see how that works out (dummy plate likely to be a number of washers etc taped to the flywheel to mimic a worn plate)

I used the setup from Rally Design, what I was not best pleased about is that they don't sell the spacers for their kit. Only Burtons seem to have them. Great.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.