Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How is this done??
Mr Whippy

posted on 6/10/08 at 07:29 AM Reply With Quote
How is this done??

Say in a moment of madness that someone thought that painting their old bug like this was a really good idea…just how would that crazy person go about it??

Is this an air brush job with a lacquer finish over the top, how would the individual paint layers be merged into each other so the edges don’t show?

Anyone shed light on books, sites that would be able to explain the process?

Cheers

Rescued attachment bug.jpg
Rescued attachment bug.jpg

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
balidey

posted on 6/10/08 at 07:31 AM Reply With Quote
Vinyl wrap
splitrivet

posted on 6/10/08 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
I'd go for vinyl wrap as well.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

Humbug

posted on 6/10/08 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
Say in a moment of madness that someone thought that painting their old bug like this was a really good idea…just how would that crazy person go about it??

Is this an air brush job with a lacquer finish over the top, how would the individual paint layers be merged into each other so the edges don’t show?

Anyone shed light on books, sites that would be able to explain the process?

Cheers

hellbent345

posted on 6/10/08 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
yeh id go with vinyl wrap as well, its be cheaper than getting an airbrushing artist to do it, i saw a programme on it once, i think they airbrush the patterns on, smoothing down slightly then build up enough laquer to smooth down to completely flat surface it was on bravo.....
Mr Whippy

posted on 6/10/08 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
hmm I did briefly think of stickers having used them quite a bit before on other cars etc but my bug is so curved I can't think of any harder shape to cover, mine is also a saloon. I’m wanting it to be a permanent finish really. I realise it would be a big undertaking and might take weeks of masking to get it done but I has a certain daft appeal about it

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
3GEComponents

posted on 6/10/08 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.pyramidvisuals.co.uk/services/vehicle_wrap/?gclid=CKyRn_eckpYCFQHilAoduBkAEA

Like this?

Regards

John

Mr Whippy

posted on 6/10/08 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 3GEComponents
http://www.pyramidvisuals.co.uk/services/vehicle_wrap/?gclid=CKyRn_eckpYCFQHilAoduBkAEA

Like this?

Regards

John

thanks John

Looks very promising indeed, I'll look into that as it may save me a heap of work and I suppose if I got bored of the design I could just get it redone.

Cheers

Michael

posted on 6/10/08 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
Im sure in the Classic Comercial Mags, there are old sign writers that do a kind of thing like that, more so of a woman laying, like the old Bombers in WW2.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.