Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Clutch Cylinder Fittings
l5tuy

posted on 28/2/16 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
Clutch Cylinder Fittings

Evening all.

Regarding the clutch cylinder / reservoir on the MX5 kit. As the cylinder has to sit offset by 30 degrees (to prevent clashing with slave) the reservior clashes with brake fluid reservior, as I'm sure you'll be aware. What fittings have people used to relocate the reservior from top of cylinder? Also where did you get them from?

Ideas appreciated.

Stu

micksalt

posted on 29/2/16 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry Stu, I can't help on this one because my clutch cylinder kit came with a hose and remote reservoir. I can take a photo tonight for you to show what was received with my kit. I presume it was this clash that lead to them moving the brake cylinder further from the clutch which lead to my issue of the brake push rod retention.

[Edited on 29/2/2016 by micksalt]

l5tuy

posted on 29/2/16 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
Did you request a hose from them in order to relocate the reservoir? I'd expect that both kits would come with same kit based on the fact we ordered around the same time. Unless what you ordered was an optional extra?
micksalt

posted on 29/2/16 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
No, came with the hose and remote reservoir as standard.
l5tuy

posted on 29/2/16 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
Just fired a mail to MNR regarding this. Been bugging me for a while, never thought to ask the company.

Cheers

Stu

micksalt

posted on 1/3/16 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
That reminds me, I need to fire off an email to Marc to check that his brake master cylinder retention plan keeps the MX-5 master cylinder in the same place. I've only got to fit timing belt and clutch to the engine, and a few seals to the gearbox and diff and I've run out of other things to do before I need to get cracking on the car itself.
tom200490

posted on 1/3/16 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
Mine also came with a remote reservoir etc. I collected the kit at the end of January. According to marc, there's approximately a 3 week wait for the pushrods to be finished for the master cylinder, but he's made me aware that it should be accessible with the bodywork on as I've also ran out of things to do.
micksalt

posted on 2/3/16 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tom200490
According to marc, there's approximately a 3 week wait for the pushrods to be finished for the master cylinder, but he's made me aware that it should be accessible with the bodywork on as I've also ran out of things to do.

Thanks for that update Tom, that's just the news I wanted to hear. I didn't want to bother them too much with their recent issues with the phones and the internet connection

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.