Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Aprilia RSV Mille Motor in Vortx
Winston Todge

posted on 3/4/05 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
Aprilia RSV Mille Motor in Vortx

Hey Marc,

Good to see you've got your own area here now. I'm very interested in your 7 inspired cars. Looks like a great design.

I was looking at your website and saw you have a RSV Mille motor for sale. I was wondering whether you have had any luck installing these in your Vortx? Any major probs to overcome? Exhaust routing? One pot sticking out the side of the engine bay??

Thanks for any help,

And good luck with the kit car industry! Looks like you're off to a fantastic start!

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
smart51

posted on 3/4/05 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
I am thinking about an RSV mille engine in a vortex. Marc told me a week or two ago that he had sold it, as well as most of his other engines. The website is a bit out of date.

I spoke to him at the Stafford show where he warned me against a 2002 or earler engine on reliability grounds but said that a 2003 or newer will be better.

Winston Todge

posted on 3/4/05 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that,

I'm thinking an R1 would be the most reliable and probably most powerful route. I'm just still interested as to whether the Mille motor would fit in the chassis? Can't help thinking the low down pull of a big bore twin would be useful in a light 7...

Ta again,

Chris.

P.S. Hope everything went well at the show in Detling today?

[Edited on 3/4/05 by Winston Todge]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marc n

posted on 3/4/05 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
my choice of the two would be r1

the rsv will fit quite nicely though

just returned from the show now, great weekend ( shame about the 6 hour journey in the truck though )

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.