Author: Subject: loom
nige

posted on 26/3/13 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
loom

just starting to lay out my loom any tips

or pics of wireing layout would be good

cheers nige

when you start this journey
you think it will be done in " no " time but then " no " turns into a " bloody " long time

Daddylonglegs

posted on 26/3/13 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
I made a cct diagram of my homemade loom if that's any good?

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

nige

posted on 26/3/13 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
its a pre made loom
and im not the greatest with elecs
just looking for some pointers

you think it will be done in " no " time but then " no " turns into a " bloody " long time

James

posted on 26/3/13 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
Go through it one circuit/connection at a time. Label each thing with tape and a permanent marker. Once you've gone through identifying every wire then it's much easier and just a case of laying them out well.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

snowy2

posted on 26/3/13 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
there is a "how to rewire your car" article on here. i really do not recommend trying to salvage an existing loom, bin it and start from fresh.
doing it from scratch using the article mentioned should take no more than a weekend. it will cost buttons and will give you a lot of satisfaction.
if you saying your not good with electrics before you even started to do it your half way to failing, man up and get positive and say you can do it, you will surprise your self.

sometimes you are the pigeon, most of the time the statue.

snowy2

posted on 26/3/13 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
p.s. i am in hull.......not beyond the realms of possibility that some help could be offered, your only 30 odd miles away.

sometimes you are the pigeon, most of the time the statue.

nige

posted on 27/3/13 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
im not frightened and dont need to " man up "
it a premier loom
just thought someone might have had some pics
to show " i did mine like this "

femster87

posted on 27/3/13 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
Nige, I will say take your time and label it all up. Are you using a sierra column?

Here is a link for the column stalk if its a sierra one. you need to identify which one it is

http://www.colinusher.info/Robin%20Hood/wireap4.html

Just let me know if you need help

[Edited on 27/3/13 by femster87]

SteveWallace

posted on 27/3/13 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
If you look in my photo archive you will see a couple of wiring diagrams that show how I wired the indicators and lights using a Premier Loom and Sierra stalks (NB there are two versions of the Sierra stalks, so if you are using them you will need to know which is which). The "P"'s next to the wire colours mean "Premier" and the "S"'s mean Sierra. There are a couple of other wiring diagrams in there as well but these are for how I connected my BMW engine loom to the Premier Loom. You may find these useful just for the Premier Loom colours for things like the oil warning light, battery light and reverse light.

I've got all of these as Powerpoint files so if you want a copy that you can play with send me a U2U with your e-mail address.

Not sure whether or not Premier have changed the design of their loom over the years (mines 3 years old), so check everything with a multimeter as you go.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.