robocog

posted on 6/12/17 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
Rubber mount ID help required

Hi Chaps / Chapesses
I am trying to recommission my car after a good few years off the road

A long time ago I used the pictured mount to keep the exhaust in position

Unfortunately it has rotted and cannot recall what I got it from
(I know, I know)
I'm sure I would have got it off something common and readily available as it required drilling the chassis box section to mount it

I was really hoping it would have a part number or logo to assist me replacing it when the time came- but all it has on the back is rust and heavy pitting
(so not much help)

I know I /could/ make something that will fill the holes and hold the exhaust steady, but I desperately want to get the car back ready for its MOT by the end of this weekend (I am out of gas for the TIG and the MIG was left VERY low on gas and it had to be bodged back into action last time - and I doubt my "fix" will see the project through to the end

Pics of the mount
Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Regards
Rob

[Edited on 6/12/17 by robocog]

gremlin1234

posted on 6/12/17 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
looks similar to the J type overdrive mounting for some triumphs, but they mount to 2 boltholes inline. (so maybe J type mount from something else)
https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID005561

Davg

posted on 6/12/17 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Classic Mini exhaust rear subframe mount.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

gary gsx

posted on 6/12/17 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
Can't help you with mount but good to see your putting car back on the road cycle quite a bit down your road nice to put a name to the car I have seen sitting in the garden.

Gary

robocog

posted on 6/12/17 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
Having a child does that to you
BUT he is now big enough that the harness will be able to restrain him .... so it's time!

Think it was 2012 the last it got used
I left the handbrake on - and luckily when I released the lever the car rolled when pushed!

Will no doubt be out there all weekend again, more than welcome to come and have a nosey

Looking at images of the classic mini rear subframe mount - I think it looks different (but close)
The Triumph J Type also looks close to what I need

Really wish I had written what it was from somewhere

Regards
Rob

[Edited on 7/12/17 by robocog]

nick205

posted on 7/12/17 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
Good to hear you're making ready for the road again!

Kids do change things somewhat - we ended up with 3 (1 + twins) so my MK Indy got sold in the end. Pretty strong urge to build another kit, but time, space and money are not currently taking me in that direction.

robocog

posted on 7/12/17 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
Good to see you are still about Nick

Yes - everything changes (despite me being adamant it wouldn't change anything...LOL yea right)

There were many moments where I thought I must be mad and that it would never get used again so it may as well be sold on to be enjoyed by someone, but I let it get pretty ratty and partially dismantled over the years to the point it possibly wasn't fair to sell it on to someone else to fix up

Lad seems to have gained quite a social life so I can grab pockets of time here and there now and again (and he has expressed an interest in going out in it)

Went to a charity doo at Castle Coombe a few months ago - where you paid to go round the track (as a passenger)
Got him a lid and jacket etc before hand hoping there would be something suitable...but alas he was deemed too small for anything (even the tin tops ) - he took it quite well and his grandad let him sit in his MG with the roof down and lid on for the journey home, though apparently he fell asleep before they even left the track car park...lol

I managed to get a go in a Radical and a pretty impressive Civic - based on my passenger rides maybe it was right for them to not allow him a go - it may have put him off - the radical certainly scared me a little
(Mrs had a go in the radical and was complaining her neck hurt for weeks afterwards)

Going to go in the garage and see if I can make something that will work just as well as the original part
Rain has cancelled my work for the morning, may as well do something constructive

Regards
Rob

PAULD

posted on 7/12/17 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
Just recommissioned mine after seven years. the only things it needed were a battery and new rubber fuel lines (did modern fuel do for them?) It's great driving it again.
nick205

posted on 7/12/17 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by robocog
Good to see you are still about Nick

Yes - everything changes (despite me being adamant it wouldn't change anything...LOL yea right)

There were many moments where I thought I must be mad and that it would never get used again so it may as well be sold on to be enjoyed by someone, but I let it get pretty ratty and partially dismantled over the years to the point it possibly wasn't fair to sell it on to someone else to fix up

Lad seems to have gained quite a social life so I can grab pockets of time here and there now and again (and he has expressed an interest in going out in it)

Went to a charity doo at Castle Coombe a few months ago - where you paid to go round the track (as a passenger)
Got him a lid and jacket etc before hand hoping there would be something suitable...but alas he was deemed too small for anything (even the tin tops ) - he took it quite well and his grandad let him sit in his MG with the roof down and lid on for the journey home, though apparently he fell asleep before they even left the track car park...lol

I managed to get a go in a Radical and a pretty impressive Civic - based on my passenger rides maybe it was right for them to not allow him a go - it may have put him off - the radical certainly scared me a little
(Mrs had a go in the radical and was complaining her neck hurt for weeks afterwards)

Going to go in the garage and see if I can make something that will work just as well as the original part
Rain has cancelled my work for the morning, may as well do something constructive

Regards
Rob

Castle Combe - was that the Rally Day event? Went to that in 2016 - good day out.

robocog

posted on 8/12/17 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
No it was a stroke charity doo "Supercar Saturday" organized by Stroke Association South West and I will definitely be doing it again next year

Will shout up nearer the time as it is a good cause - and a bloomin good crack
(just don't everyone go for the Radicals...I want another 6 mindblowingly fast laps )

Regards
Rob

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.