Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Progress!
chockymonster

posted on 30/8/06 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
Progress!

I didn't realise how all of the things that go wrong can just be forgotten when you get to a major milestone.

It's outside
It's outside

The bodywork isn't attached properly and the nosecone is just pushed on as I was too busy emptying the garage to faff around with the dzus clips for a picture!

Adjustment needed!
Adjustment needed!

Getting it on it's wheels shows what suspension work is needed. That's 8 degrees of negative camber!

I can see it coming together now though!

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Winston Todge

posted on 30/8/06 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
Looking good Paul!

Certainly going to be a green machine and a half...

Just got my car back from the fabricators so just got to pop the bodywork back on and finish the electrics, then it may even be time for the test drive! Still, no hurry eh!?

Chris.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
G.Man

posted on 31/8/06 at 03:36 AM Reply With Quote
Looking sweet paul

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

Crazy Jay

posted on 31/8/06 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
How low is ur car? I love it!!
Danozeman

posted on 31/8/06 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
Looks very nice. U gonna leave it that low?

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

amalyos

posted on 31/8/06 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
I like the Green.
chockymonster

posted on 31/8/06 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Danozeman
Looks very nice. U gonna leave it that low?

That was before the suspension was adjusted, the front lower bones are level with the ground now which has raised it a bit, it's still low though. Once I've fitted the rack I can then faff about with ride height.

I've set it to 1 degree neg camber at the front, I can't do toe yet. Next up is the rears. I don't know how much adjustment I have in the top camber bolt so I may need to adjust the top bones slightly, -8 is a bit excessive!

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

chockymonster

posted on 31/8/06 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by amalyos
I like the Green.

It's a good job I do
In bright light it's much, much brighter colour, unfortunately the sun had gone in by the time I got the car out of the garage

JoelP

posted on 31/8/06 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
the car looks pimped big time!

especially like the rosejointed suspension, very tidy. Conviniently, its given me a great idea on how to solve a few of my own issues!

Agriv8

posted on 31/8/06 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
paul,

looks the dogs danglies,

Don't look at the prolems look at the problems you have already overcome thats the fun of the kit car building.

Stand back with a can of beer and look at how you picked it up from Marc's and where your at now the end is in sight.

Ps it does not stop when you have built it just purchased engine no 2 and some coresponding EFI bitts look like my winter nights in the garage have been booked

All the best and keep up the good work and there will be another stunning MNR on the road.

Regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

roadboy

posted on 3/9/06 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
Have to agree with Agriv8, little problems overcome give you a warm glow, also it never ends, having done a coule of track days with 205bhp & 175 ft/lbs of torque is not enough. New engine coming, bigger valves, better cams, different pistons, more revs,more power & close ratio gearbox just to help it along.
Have fun
Ian

[Edited on 3/9/06 by roadboy]

Jude Performance Services

marc n

posted on 8/9/06 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
love the colour, might have to make my next one in green

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
G.Man

posted on 8/9/06 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc n
love the colour, might have to make my next one in green

I so should have gone for lime green... hehe

ah well, spray paint beckons

marc n

posted on 8/9/06 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
i think white looks great too, just couldnt be arsed to clean it all the time

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
G.Man

posted on 8/9/06 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
i want a zx6r paint job on mine, just the graphics tho... sweet

chockymonster

posted on 8/9/06 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
When I get it back on it's wheels (have my rack extensions in so I can push it easily, hint, hint!!) I'll get some pictures in sunlight. It's so much brighter than that picture shows. I'm glad that I haven't gone for all green as I think it could actually be too bright!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.