Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SilverLine Spanners
The Great Fandango

posted on 9/12/07 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
SilverLine Spanners

Has anyone had any experiences with "SilverLine" tools?

I'd bought a load of flexible head ratchet spanners to compliment my Halfords set.

When they arrived the quality was no where near Halford and to top it all off the chrome plating had started to chip on several.

:0(

Was contemplating whether to send the whole damn lot back and buy better?

[Edited on 9/12/07 by The Great Fandango]

He Who Dies With The Most Toys Dies The Happiest

thunderace

posted on 9/12/07 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
there very cheep and nasty you get them in the cash and carry ,STICK WITH HALFORDS .
I love speed :-P

posted on 9/12/07 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
I have found that with Silverline some of the stuff is fantastic, very good value for money, and the rest is Chinese rubbish. Most of the stuff they do has a life time quarantine for manufacturing defects, so if your not happy with them send them back

Don't Steal
The Government doesn’t like the competition

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 9/12/07 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
Most of the stuff they do has a life time quarantine for manufacturing defects,

And a guarantee . I have some of their ordinary combination spanners for backup and they are perfectly adequate, a bit shorter than my Britools so they are handy for some tighter situations. I can't comment on the ratchet spanners as they are something I've never felt I needed.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

I love speed :-P

posted on 9/12/07 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
And a guarantee

Good old spell check

Don't Steal
The Government doesn’t like the competition

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NS Dev

posted on 10/12/07 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
My experience of silverline tools is pretty shocking.

I snapped a 13mm spanner into my hand at work not so long ago which hurt a lot.

I also managed to snap the spindle clean off inside a silverline 18v cordless drill, which then smoked a lot and tried to catch fire.

I'll stick with my makita methinks.

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

ady8077

posted on 10/12/07 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
Hi all

I've just bought a couple of Magnusson ratchet spanners from B&Q, seem good quality for the price

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9676801&fh_start_index=24&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB&fh_s earch=spanners&fh_eds=%c3%9f&fh_refview=search&ts=1197293782299&isSearch=true

Adrian

02GF74

posted on 11/12/07 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
I picked up a few of the spanners at LR show to fill in gaps from my 6-25 mm spanner range and so far all is well. I cannot say I have had to to a stuck bolt so don;t know how they will far but the jaws show no signs of wear. chrome is fine too so for the money, I am well pleased.

... but if you can afford it, then halfords professional are very good quality but more expensive but still good value.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.