Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Graphics/Web design guru wanted!
ChrisW

posted on 20/5/08 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
Graphics/Web design guru wanted!

I'm sure most of the regular users here have heard the rumours about the 'new' Locostbuilders site coming soon. It's not so much of a new site, just a complete rewrite of all the software that runs it to incorporate a bunch of new features specific to our subject, and some nice multimedia bits that I've been working on.

Whilst I have no problems writing the code, my graphic design skills are really not up to scratch. I want to create a more modern look and feel for the site, not deviating too much from what we already have - lets face it, a forum can only really be laid out one way - but there are various improvements that may as well be made whilst the opportunity exists.

So, as you may have guessed, I'm looking for a graphical/web design whizz to assist me with this, either tweaking what I've already done, or coming up with something new. You don't need to have any knowledge of how the server-side bits work, but a basic understanding of the HTML is necessary in order that we can break the HTML down into templates.

I would prefer the design to use more 'modern' methods of layout than the 'tables' system that I use (aka understand!). I'm told the correct way to do it these days is with div's and span's, or li, dt, dd etc. There will also be some CSS involved aswell, and if you understand AJAX to do some nice client-side bits, so much the better.

If anyone is in a position to help, please get in touch!

Cheers, Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.