Board logo

More Power....... ??
charlierevell - 9/6/08 at 12:38 PM

Anyone got any ideas, links are anything on getting more out of a 954 2003 Blade?
Im interested to see what i can get it up to wether NA mods or Forced.

At the moment its on a can and power commander and thats it, putting out a nice 165bhp.....

worX - 9/6/08 at 12:40 PM

Don't bother trying to get more power from a normally aspirated bike engine it will cost too much for little gains.

Just turbo it.

Malc's your man...

http://www.mbcustoms.co.uk/

Steve

welderman - 9/6/08 at 12:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by worX
Don't bother trying to get more power from a normally aspirated bike engine it will cost too much for little gains.

Just turbo it.

Malc's your man...

Steve

As above Malc's the man

[Edited on 9/6/08 by welderman]

nick205 - 9/6/08 at 12:43 PM

...it would appear that Malc's the man

worX - 9/6/08 at 12:52 PM

Well he's not a woman...

Hellfire - 9/6/08 at 12:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by worX
Well he's not a woman...

& his name is errrrr..........

Malc?

Steve

charlierevell - 9/6/08 at 01:03 PM

Hmmmm big money, big power then! haha

carpy - 9/6/08 at 01:05 PM

Lifted from the MB Customs website

TURBO SYSTEM FOR FIREBLADE KIT CAR FROM £3,200 INCLUDING FITTING.

WE CAN OFFER THIS AS A BASIC IN HOUSE FITTED KIT, FOUR WEEK TURNAROUND, TIME, BASIC REAR WHEEL POWER 186 HORSEPOWER WITH VARIOUS UPGRADES AVALABLE INCLUDING,INTERCOOLER,TURBO PISTONS,H/DUTY CLUTCHES,SWINGING ARM EXTENSIONS,BIGGER TURBO.

TICKS OVER AND RUNS JUST LIKE A STANDARD BLADE UNTIL YOU HIT 6000RPM THEN HANG ON TIGHT.

I was looking into this Fireblade turbo upgrade but don't think I could really justify the £3200 it would cost. Even though it would take a 450kilo fireblade BEC to R500 performance which would be mental to drive.

Surely it would make more sense to drop in a late ZX12 lump and save some cash?

[Edited on 9/6/08 by carpy]

Jubal - 9/6/08 at 01:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by charlierevellHmmmm big money, big power then! haha

I think that you are ruined by the company you keep! Get some mates with slower cars I was out yesterday and despite some probs with my gearchanges I hung onto a 997 Turbo S when he went for it. A busa (bike) then screamed past us both!

charlierevell - 9/6/08 at 02:31 PM

Well..... thats the problem with drag racing for the first time, the quick stuff seemed slow and the mega quick stuff seem hmmm 'Catchable' shall we say!

Daimo_45 - 9/6/08 at 02:36 PM

Drop the weight of the car?

Hellfire - 9/6/08 at 05:46 PM

Why do you want the extra power? By your own admission you're already struggling to get the power down with what you have.

You could spend a few thousand pounds on a more powerful engine and shave a second off a quarter mile time but is it really worth the expense? You could fit NOS or a turbo/supercharger to what you have but again it may cost a few grand.

Use what you have to the best of it's potential. Get it rolling roaded, get a custom map and have a full suspension set-up and then work on improving your technique whether it be on the track or on the drag strip and your times will come down.

Phil

kastrato - 9/6/08 at 06:31 PM

second that well sayed phil

charlierevell - 9/6/08 at 08:16 PM

Already had all that in my head lads....
Its already been remaped, had the brakes done, moved over to R888's.
Corner weighting is the next job.
The reason I'm asking about power is there is nothing online about the 954 wether it be turbo, supercharger or whatever.

The track and road is where it will spend most of its time yet once a month it'll probably go up the strip as its only 10 mins from my door.

I have admited that I cant get the power down... I have access to a free 3.62 LSD, just need to get the stuff together for a rear disc conversion and new shafts to go with it. (Or altered shafts.)

Getting it off the line is what i need to practice, but it would be nice to have a bit more go after 40-60ft.....
I dont think i'm ever going to get off as well as a 4*4....

jacko - 9/6/08 at 08:19 PM

Put a pinto in your car for a week or two then put your engine back in that will make it feel a lot faster ask Phil [ hellfire ]

Graham