Board logo

IVA pass Leighton Buzzard
djaques - 7/4/18 at 11:22 AM

After 16 years of building, our MK Indy passed the IVA first time at Leighton Buzzard on 23rd March. After reading all of the horror stories over the years, the test was very straightforward, only the speedo needed adjusting. There were a few areas we were worried about but they weren't even questioned. I hope this picture works.

Djaques_iva
Djaques_iva

Thank you to all of the people who’s ideas we have shamelessly copied, we couldn’t have done it without Locostbuilders. Next to get it registered and then get the bonnet sprayed to match the rest of the car!

dunk3 - 7/4/18 at 12:39 PM

Well done mate

Slater - 7/4/18 at 01:30 PM

Well done! good feeling eh?

Looks good, your car is the correct colour too........just needs a nice yellow stripe.

tims31 - 7/4/18 at 02:06 PM

Well done, Congratulations. Just in time for the good weather hopefully. Now for the DVLA battle

adithorp - 7/4/18 at 07:35 PM

Nice one!

MikeR - 8/4/18 at 08:19 AM

bloody excellent news - gives me on 18 years and determined to finish this year some hope & inspiration, thank you.

mikeb - 8/4/18 at 11:38 AM

Well done, I liked the guys at Leighton Buzzard very helpful, glad yours got through first time!
Did you drive it there?

loggyboy - 8/4/18 at 11:41 AM

Well done

quote:
Originally posted by mikeb
Well done, I liked the guys at Leighton Buzzard very helpful, glad yours got through first time!
Did you drive it there?

I guess that chap who mentioned in your posts needs to update his anecdote about first time passes now!

mikeb - 8/4/18 at 11:43 AM

I'll mention it to him when I'm back in a few weeks!

djaques - 8/4/18 at 05:40 PM

I thought that the comment about only one car passing first time was odd too, that is partly why I started this thread. I guess it depends which examiner you get, ours was great. To be honest I’m still in shock that it passed first time! We got a transporter to and from the IVA, we couldn’t face the thought of the car breaking down on the way and missing the slot. The weather wasn’t great on the way there, so it was the right decision.

mikeb - 9/4/18 at 09:51 AM

Great result, maybe he was just trying to make me feel better!