Board logo

Removable Steering wheel Boss
Nick DV - 24/5/16 at 07:22 AM

Has anyone used or had any feedback on one of these Car Black Steering Wheel Quick Release Hub Adapter Racing Snap Off Boss Kit NEW It's a lot cheaper than the ones you can get from Demon Tweeks etc, but does that mean that the quality is poor? I can't see they'd be able to sell if they were dangerous

madrallysport - 24/5/16 at 08:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nick DV
Has anyone used or had any feedback on one of these Car Black Steering Wheel Quick Release Hub Adapter Racing Snap Off Boss Kit NEW It's a lot cheaper than the ones you can get from Demon Tweeks etc, but does that mean that the quality is poor? I can't see they'd be able to sell if they were dangerous

I've one in the mini, seems good to me, no play in it and easy to lock into place, I paid a little more for mine but it looks identical.

phelpsa - 24/5/16 at 08:48 AM

The car came with one of these and it had loads of play. Replaced it with a new one, two hillclimbs and play is starting to appear again. Will be replacing with a proper one over the winter.

They're not necessarily dangerous but the quality is poor.

[Edited on 24-5-16 by phelpsa]

Adamirish - 24/5/16 at 10:53 AM

I have the weld on version of that. It's ok, a bit of play in it but not a great deal. You don't notice it when you're driving. If it does get worse then I will change it for a lifeline or similar. I thought for the money it was worth a shot.

anthony1 - 24/5/16 at 08:49 PM

I had one of those fitted for about six months or so...........mine was the black and gold version , there was a very slight amount of play from new , but that didn't seem to get any worse over time ! I then fitted a Go-Race version.......which looks very similar , this has no play and seems to be much better made than the cheap version I had . JJC race and rally list them on e-bay , as well as Demon Tweeks..........just checked the price though and they are now £215.........Perhaps Go-Race themselves would be cheaper ?

Nick DV - 3/6/16 at 06:07 PM

Thanks all for the replies