Board logo

First Start....It runs!
Slater - 16/12/08 at 11:03 AM

Yeeeeeessssssssssssssssss.

After a few attempts on Sunday, I had another go last night. Now with a fully recharged the battery, swapped over the wires to the coil pack, removed 2 plugs and pre-heated the other two with a blowtorch (Mark at Mac#1’s advice), small squirt of WD-40 into each inlet.

Pressed the button and it fired up, OK. Running on 2 cylinders.

Installed the 2 other “pre-heated” plugs and it roared into life! Blue flames from the exhaust ports too! It’s running on EDIS limp home mode, I think, as the MJLJ is not powered up yet, but still very responsive to the throttle.

Very pleased indeed. There was no exhaust system fitted so it was very loud. I just had to call Mark at 9pm last night, managed to interrupt his fish and chips with the sound of a loud running zetec, I think he realised I was quite pleased. Sorry Mark.

Had to shut it down to prevent setting fire to the body and annoying the neighbours.

Over the moon, so had a large Laphroiag to celebrate.

I will try to attach the clip (14 MB).

[Edited on 16/12/08 by Slater]

jabbahutt - 16/12/08 at 11:07 AM

congratulations!! The feeling of achievement when it first goes really is fantastic.

Bet you're still grinning now

Nigel

Mr Whippy - 16/12/08 at 11:10 AM

well done

Slater - 16/12/08 at 11:14 AM

How do I attach a vid clip? If I try the attachment/browse thing it does not work. Does the clip need to be in my photo archive?

It's 14 MB.

paul the 6th - 16/12/08 at 11:25 AM

best bet is probably posting it on youtube and then posting the link here

DarrenW - 16/12/08 at 11:31 AM

Brilliant news Keith. Im well chuffed for you. Just goes to prove the attention to detail you are puttiong into your build is now paying off. I had a feeling there wasnt much wrong.

Cant wait to see the vid link.

Slater - 16/12/08 at 11:54 AM

The video will have to wait till I get home this evening, youtube is blocked at work.

Is it easy to set up an Youtube account, and load up an MPEG file? Never done it before.

neilj37 - 16/12/08 at 01:05 PM

Well done, at this rate you will be blasting around aberdeenshire in no time.

mcerd1 - 16/12/08 at 01:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Slater
....youtube is blocked at work.

what about photobucket etc most of them can do video too

or you could email it to one of us that isn't blocked

[Edited on 16/12/08 by mcerd1]

Stuart_B - 16/12/08 at 02:07 PM

well done, it is a great feeling

stuart

bigrich - 16/12/08 at 03:02 PM

Congratulations Keith, Mark played the message you left him on his phone to me this morning

As for you tube, you've built a car and breathed life into it, so a you tube account should be a walk in the park.

Look forward to watching the video later on

mcerd1 - 16/12/08 at 03:20 PM

Video

[Edited on 16/12/08 by mcerd1]

paul the 6th - 16/12/08 at 03:34 PM

you should have told her it was going to be louder well done matey you looked proper pleased with yourself and so you should be...

and well done slater matey! Logon to youtube or photobooket whatever you fancy, click sign up... then once you've signed up, click upload video. Select file, click upload, takes a few mins, then it takes another few more mins for the video to be "verified" (i think they have a team who quickly check each vid as it's uploaded to make sure they're not hosting anything dodgy).... then it goes live for all to see

DarrenW - 16/12/08 at 03:36 PM

Fantastic vid. And oh how smug and happy you look!!!
That is certainly inspiration to others who are nearing that phase.

Well done that man.

contaminated - 16/12/08 at 04:41 PM

Nice little vid and a big grin!

Danozeman - 16/12/08 at 05:16 PM

Well done mate. Glad you got it sorted.

Your missus sounds right fed up and you look happier than a kid in a sweet shop where all the sweets are free!!

A1 - 16/12/08 at 05:51 PM

nice one!! first starts always the best!! congrats!!!

mr_pr - 17/12/08 at 12:37 AM

Haha, Mark told me to expect this vid tonight!

Oh and the most entertaining commentary I have ever heard.

"Its not going to sound like that really is it?!"

ewan - 17/12/08 at 08:03 AM

Fantastic, I'm just upset that you got there first, your wife sounds as excited as mine.
She came home the other night with a windscreen washer bottle that somebody had given her (all excited). Will this be of use she asked, I replied the car doesn't have a windscreen......really...!
The cars only been in the garage nearly 2 years.

What can you do?

Well done Keith good job.

neilj37 - 17/12/08 at 12:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mr_pr
Haha, Mark told me to expect this vid tonight!

Oh and the most entertaining commentary I have ever heard.

"Its not going to sound like that really is it?!"

I liked that comment to !!

Its actually going to sound a lot louder and better LOL