Board logo

Pembrey Track Day
Flamez - 19/3/11 at 06:02 PM

Had a pretty good day at Pembrey with my local motor club. It was a good shakedown after fitting a new engine, exhaust and full roll cage.

Having fitted a 6" exhaust i asked the organiser to sound test it, at 6500 rpm it was 94 db and at 8500 rpm it was 98 db money well spent and should meet most tracks stringent noise testing.

Whilst there i met some lotus7 club members who offered to corner weight my car, the results were good 474kg or 575kg with me in it, weight balance across the axles was also good although he advised on a little tweak to load the front suspension up a tad, he suggested that this would greatly aid the slight oversteer i have and that the car should turn in quicker. A job for tomorrow.

I have also fitted a longacre wide view rear mirror and can vouch that its great on track giving great rear vision at last.

The only downside to the day was that i seem to have a little play where the n/s rear top wishbone bolts onto the rear hub carrier. Need to investigate fuher but the nut was fully tight. The slight vibration this caused when cornering hard convinced me to finish an hour early.

peter bland - 19/3/11 at 07:12 PM

What type of exhaust have you fitted. I was at cadwell last week and only managed 103db with a R1 can and a hi-flow cat fitted so looking for a better set up.

Flamez - 19/3/11 at 07:28 PM

Its a 6" can suppled by mac1motors.the downpipes are 4 into 2 into 1.

Im no longer running a cat as i dont compete where its a requirement.

[Edited on 19-3-11 by Flamez]

peter bland - 19/3/11 at 07:40 PM

Thanks for info.