Board logo

Who can Corner Weight and Geometry my MAC#1 in the Sheffield area
ash_hammond - 5/4/11 at 06:22 PM

Evening all.

I'm planning on doing a few track days this year and I would like my suspension set up correctly before I start. Over the years its been tweeked by eye, string and rulers and its worked OK.

I would now like it done with proper scales and devices.

Can anyone recommend me a place in the Sheffield / South Yorkshire area, willing if needed.

Also how much should I expect to pay for a full corner weight and suspension set up?

Thanks

Ash
Thanks

Ash

Triton - 5/4/11 at 06:42 PM

Don't Mark and Colin offer that service then? thought they did.

ash_hammond - 5/4/11 at 06:59 PM

Hi Triton.

Yes, Mark and Col offer tracking set up. I'm not sure that they have corner weight scales, I could be wrong.

If they have corner weights I would be more than happy to let Mark and Col work on my car.

Thanks

Ash

daniel mason - 5/4/11 at 07:47 PM

matt at procomp seems very clued up on suspension and geo settings. i think i would take it there to make sure its right.

franky - 5/4/11 at 07:54 PM

you could buy all the bits to do it yourself for the cost of paying someone. Then if you change something you can set it up correctly again

Steve Hignett - 6/4/11 at 01:11 PM

If I didn't have access to corner weight setup equipment and could do it all myself, then Matt off of Procomp would get my pennies...

ash_hammond - 6/4/11 at 06:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Hignett
If I didn't have access to corner weight setup equipment and could do it all myself, then Matt off of Procomp would get my pennies...

Hi Steve, I understand the process and the maths of corner weighting and the locost approach of using 4 bathroom scales. I would just prefer a more accurate equipment that £20 bathroom scales. I know these can be inaccurate - I have a cheap pair in my bathroom. If I had access to the correct equipment I would jump at the chance of doing it myself, purely for the satisfaction factor.

-- Ash

Steve Hignett - 6/4/11 at 06:48 PM

There is no "locost approach" of using bathroom scales. There is merely the right way or do what you like cos it won't be accurate, and bathroom scales definitely do not fit into the "right way" camp...

You can buy a corner weight gauge from Tweeks for about £180 and they are on ebay every now and again (for £70 - £120) and that is a perfectly acceptable method, instead of corner weight scales...

I can never remember how much Matt charges and whether his prices have risen with the tax, but I'm sure it's less than £50...

Of course you can go to him and get the whole shebang done and it'll cost more... But it's like anything in life...