Board logo

MAC#1 at Stoneleigh? plus food question
Slater - 23/4/17 at 10:43 PM

If the weather is going to be dry, I hope to drive up to Stoneleigh from Dorset in the MAC#1. I plan to travel on Sat afternoon and home on the Sunday late afternoon as I have to head back to Angola on the Monday.

I have a few questions as it's my first visit to Stoneleigh, or any kit car show for that matter:

1. Looking at the on-line showguide there is not a specific MAC#1 club site, so can I just turn up at the Locost Car Club Site 29C ?

2. Do I need to book in advance to get access to Locost Car Club site? I will just pay the 5 pound entry fee on the gate.

3. Do you camp next to the car or in another place?

4. I am bringing an tent to camp for the night, is there food on site available in on the Sat night and Sunday morning? or should I bring a wee stove and some rations?

5. Will there be any other MAC#1's attending?

and finally............Any other pointers for a first time visit? This will be the first big trip I've done in the car too, so it will be quite an adventure.

ian locostzx9rc2 - 24/4/17 at 05:31 AM

Hi just turn up I have always camped near my car if it's an issue parking on the locost area which there shouldn't be your more than welcome to park on my pitch Rawcus 11b there's a few camping on Saturday I'll be there Sunday I would bring some food warm clothes and a warm sleeping bag as it always cold at stoneliegh Sunday breakfast shouldn't be an issue .Hope the journey goes well and enjoy the show cheers ian

chris - 24/4/17 at 07:33 AM

there is a cafe open on site but eating from there ore one of the van vendors can be expensive

CosKev3 - 24/4/17 at 08:29 AM

I've never seen a Mac1 area, or the company itself there.

Slater - 24/4/17 at 03:34 PM

OK thanks guys, I have a decent sleeping bag and a very old tent. Ian thanks for the offer on the Rawcus stand, I might turn up for 1 night on Saturday.

Lets hope the weather will be dry.

[Edited on 24-4-17 by Slater]

ian locostzx9rc2 - 24/4/17 at 04:11 PM

No problem fingers crossed for the weather there should be a few people camping this year so you shouldnt be alone .

coozer - 24/4/17 at 08:11 PM

I have always parked up with friends on the stands and put our tents up at the back..

I bring a stove and some water for coffee and pot noodles... when I'm hungry go get a burger. Bring some cans as well if you fancy a drink. There's a band on on the Sunday night but the bar ain't cheap...

The weather most years is horrendous and as we approach true to form it's cooling down and snowing....

If we are really lucky it has been nice and sunny during the day but cold of a night.

Bring some cash, or if your feeling brave a credit card then you will leave absolutely skint!

Good luck!
Steve xx

Slater - 29/4/17 at 10:11 AM

Thanks again guys, but due to the bad weather due in the South West on Sunday afternoon my return drive back to Dorset would be pretty bad. So I am bottling out, maybe next year.....

Banana - 29/4/17 at 03:04 PM

I was planning on driving up this evening, but just noticed on their website that the gates close at 5pm??

Surely late arrivals are allowed in... can someone confirm?