Board logo

What a great feeling....!
ewan - 30/5/08 at 07:50 AM

I've been looking at the electrics for about 2 months now, and keep walking away. I was on the verge of paying somebody as I really didn't have a clue.

Yesterday, I bit the bullet and caller Mark @ Mac 1 and it's all coming together. The horn works (one small step for me). I then called about 20 people and let them here my horn, unfortunatly I couldn't show them that the indicators also flash....what a great feeling.

Thanks again for your help Mark, get ready for lots more questions.

There is light at the end of a long tunnel.

Mr Whippy - 30/5/08 at 07:57 AM

I just know your going to start posting pictures every time a light works

good work, keep going

ewan - 30/5/08 at 08:24 AM

What a great idea......

Memo to self - charge camera

mistergrumpy - 30/5/08 at 08:29 AM

quote:

There is light at the end of a long tunnel.

Actually there's a few lights just behind that long tunnel. I've just got mine wired t'other week. Its great turning the light off in the garage and keep switching them on

Mr Whippy - 30/5/08 at 08:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
Its great turning the light off in the garage and keep switching them on

what a child

mookaloid - 30/5/08 at 08:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
Its great turning the light off in the garage and keep switching them on

It helps if you sit in the car and make brum brum noises at the same time

Mr Whippy - 30/5/08 at 09:14 AM

we could have a Friday list of all the embarrassing thing you lot do when alone with your car...come to think of it we might not really want to know, remembering that guy and the tail pipes

Slater - 30/5/08 at 11:29 AM

Well done Ewan
Once I get back from Nigeria, I'll have to come and see and how it's done.

Keith.

chris_smith - 30/5/08 at 12:06 PM

quote:

I've been looking at the electrics for about 2 months now, and keep walking away

many a time ill be down the unit when my dads workin on his car, ill be stood there chin in hand staring at a particular part of the car pondering how to go about it, and all ill here from afar is "its no good standing their looking at it, it wont build itself!!!"
arent dads great

[Edited on 30/5/08 by chris_smith]

omega 24 v6 - 30/5/08 at 02:58 PM

Well done Ewan. i thought you'd left the planet mate Glad to hear you're making some progress. It WILL get easier the less wires you have to connect.

jos - 30/5/08 at 06:56 PM

Woo hoo well done Ewan

Cant wait to see it at Newark this year

justinnewton - 30/5/08 at 07:17 PM

Good news mate, I've just started wiring mine up too. I was really scared about doing the dashboard bit but Mark sounds like he could do it with his eyes closed (which is pretty helpful as he can't see my car!)