Board logo

954 Airbox
liamb - 28/8/08 at 09:44 AM

Hello.

It's been a few weeks since I had to buy anything for the car. I thought I had actually finished but I remembered yesterday that I still dont have any type of air filter solution.

I have had a look around and Demon Tweeks do a Pipercross airbox that mightr work but the problem is that I have no clue what I need.

Any help or advice would be great. The thing in question is:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?c ls=MSPORT&pcode=P/CC6000

But it still need to fit to a baseplate and I don't know what I need for this?

Thanks in advance.

Liam

PS SVA finaly rebooked for the 9th of sept so need to get my skates on.

Paul TigerB6 - 28/8/08 at 10:03 AM

The airbox uses the standard Pipercross PX600 aluminium baseplate as per the sponge filters - its on the list in that link as "replacement blank baseplate"

linky

ewan - 28/8/08 at 10:11 AM

If you look in my photos (side View) you will see what I did and cutting the back plate is easy.

bigfoot4616 - 28/8/08 at 10:20 AM

i had very bad results with that airbox, the filter in the end of it is very small and restrictive.
for now i have removed the filter and fitted a canister filter into the inlet ducting which made a big improvement to fueling on the rolling road.
its still not an ideal setup though and i wouldn't recommend buying the airbox.

its cheaper elsewhere if you really want to buy it, have a search on here for "airbox"

liamb - 28/8/08 at 10:45 AM

Hi,

Cheers for the feedback.

I am not too bothered whether I use an airbox or just a simple filter (although I am a little concerned about cutting noise).

The main thing is whether I get a standard PX600 baseplate and then modify it for a Honda Fireblade 954 engine or whether there is something more specific I should be using?

Cheers
Liam

bigfoot4616 - 28/8/08 at 11:04 AM

only reason i used a box is to get under 98db for places like croft. if i wasn't tracking it i would of stayed with the open filter.
you get a blank baseplate and cut out the holes to suit

liamb - 28/8/08 at 12:26 PM

Thanks for the advice.

I have similar concerns as I intend to use the car for trackdays but maybe I will start with a standard filter and see how things go.

Thanks for the advice.

Liam

charlierevell - 28/8/08 at 03:19 PM

Be careful what you chose! Mines read 104db at Oulton... and thats with the standard airbox!