Board logo

birthday and what to get her??
Mr Whippy - 30/9/08 at 12:12 PM

Herselfs birthday is coming up

Haven’t a flippin clue what to get her, anyone managed to think of a really nice birthday gift? She’s going out for a meal already, never been good at picking jewellery and that kind of thing, don’t even think of suggesting an engagement ring you’ll give me a heart attack. Women are soooo hard to buy things for, me I’m just happy with a new set of spanners…

Hammerhead - 30/9/08 at 12:14 PM

how about sexy undies? something for you and her just don't get the size wrong

McLannahan - 30/9/08 at 12:19 PM

What about a nice spa/health break for her? Most girls would love to be pampered for the day.

What about a trip to see a show at the theatre? Not the best evening for you but I'm sure she'd enjoy it?

coozer - 30/9/08 at 12:20 PM

I just said happy birthday on me way to work

omega0684 - 30/9/08 at 12:20 PM

r we talking girlfriend or wife? have you tried asking her what she might like, thats always a good place to start

comedy clubs - always a laugh and you'll both enjoy it.

[Edited on 30/9/08 by omega0684]

graememk - 30/9/08 at 12:25 PM

women like to go out and do things...

i took my bird to see lee evans this year, last year a night in london and a show etc etc

Richard Quinn - 30/9/08 at 12:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by McLannahan
What about a nice spa/health break for her? Most girls would love to be pampered for the day.

Always a good option - You get a peaceful day in the garage to boot!

Paul TigerB6 - 30/9/08 at 12:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer

And then "i'll pack my bags now then" when you got home??

richardlee237 - 30/9/08 at 12:42 PM

Flowers delivered to her desk at work always goes down well.

Then all her friends ooh and aah saying what a really caring bloke you must be, not realising that flowers are cheaper than dinner !

Are you sure she wouldn't like a new socket set ??

Mr Whippy - 30/9/08 at 12:43 PM

hmm spa thing is a good idea

drowning in sexy undies, I know what a way to go

was going to book a flying lesson but she's not keen on tiny planes wonder if she'd like a shot in a tank? what?? looks great fun how could she not like that, I'd enjoy it!

Paul TigerB6 - 30/9/08 at 12:44 PM

Buy her some garage overalls and steel toe capped boots Mr Whippy....... then again maybe safer to not buy steel toe capped boots as they hurt nearly as much as a stiletto when applied to your shins

whitestu - 30/9/08 at 12:55 PM

quote:

me I’m just happy with a new set of spanners…

I think the answer is contained within your question!

Stu

Ben_Copeland - 30/9/08 at 12:58 PM

Engine crane or a lathe???

Sure she'd find use for them.... if not, hey ho you'd be quite hapy to take it off her hands

TimC - 30/9/08 at 12:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
hmm spa thing is a good idea

drowning in sexy undies, I know what a way to go

was going to book a flying lesson but she's not keen on tiny planes wonder if she'd like a shot in a tank? what?? looks great fun how could she not like that, I'd enjoy it!

My mate booked a hot air balloon flight which was apparently very well received.

ewan - 30/9/08 at 01:11 PM

Spa day at Ardoe House or a nice massage, facial ect, at the new Drumtochty Beauty, see www.drumtochtycastle.com and go to beauty page. if you need a voucher U2U and i'll sort it out.

Howlor - 30/9/08 at 01:21 PM

Tig invertor?

If not these are the in thing for the Winter, or so I have been told - Click

Steve

Davey D - 30/9/08 at 01:25 PM

It was My Mrs 29th birthday last week. i got her:

Pro 1/4 drive ratchet and sockets
Small screwdriver set
Small pliers set
Flight box for her RC plane
Birthday cake
Bottle of wine

i got her the tools, to stop mine from going walkies

Mr Whippy - 30/9/08 at 01:40 PM

glad I asked plenty of good ideas, particularly like the flowers to work idea, have to admit I'm not to great at thinking of things like that

coozer - 30/9/08 at 01:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
quote:

And then "i'll pack my bags now then" when you got home??

Ha ha, no it was fair game as on my birthday last week I didn't even get a ta-ra as I left. I'd been at work an hour before she text me the greeting. I got a bar of fruit & nut off her that she devoured on Friday night!

The GF's another matter and I might go round and give her a facial as mentioned... ahem

Fozzie - 30/9/08 at 01:44 PM

Hmmmm.......

It depends what 'type' of girl she is.... if she is a 'girly' girl, you cannot go wrong with flowers, chocs AND a spa day...

If she is more of the adventurous type, then a hot air balloon ride would be good, but it's not the best time of year....

My favourite birthday pressies that I was most fortunate to have, were, one year swimming with dolphins, and another year, in the morning, a submarine dive over a coral reef in Barbados, in the afternoon, a helicopter ride around the entire island (Barbados)......

So.... a flying lesson/s would be my choice for the next one!...

Or...more garage toys .... as in tools/gizmos...

The secret to getting the gift thing 'right' is to know what 'type' of girl she is....

HTH Fozzie

iank - 30/9/08 at 01:49 PM

Nice new ironing board and hoover?

I'll be the one outside kings cross station in a cardboard box.

Paul TigerB6 - 30/9/08 at 01:49 PM

quote:

Ha ha, no it was fair game as on my birthday last week I didn't even get a ta-ra as I left. I'd been at work an hour before she text me the greeting. I got a bar of fruit & nut off her that she devoured on Friday night!

The GF's another matter and I might go round and give her a facial as mentioned... ahem

There ya go then - she set the precedant then!! Buy the missus a crate of lager next year and drink it yourself over the weekend.

So a wife and a girlfriend hey!! ..... and you can still afford a kit car!!

fesycresy - 30/9/08 at 01:56 PM

Got mine an Exige day at Silverstone, she loved it.

Flying lessons may be on the cards next

woodster - 30/9/08 at 02:27 PM

flowers .. chocs .. bottle of bubbly ... and a spa day top present ........ i'd be happy with that ............. uuuum sorry i mean i'd want the spanners (said in a butch voice)

Paul TigerB6 - 30/9/08 at 02:35 PM

Spa day - what a great idea. I'd love to see the Grand Prix over there myself so get yourself a Spa day while you are at it Mr Whippy!!

adithorp - 30/9/08 at 03:41 PM

A mate of mine got his wife a belt and a bag...

...the hoover works a treat now!

adrian

Rod Ends - 30/9/08 at 04:13 PM

Get her something you can both enjoy: breast implants.

Richard Quinn - 30/9/08 at 04:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
A mate of mine got his wife a belt and a bag...

...the hoover works a treat now!

adrian

JoelP - 30/9/08 at 06:16 PM

id suggest something to do with a driving day, im sure you mentioned her driving in the past?