Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MAC#1 engine oil level R1?
*AL*

posted on 21/1/11 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
MAC#1 engine oil level R1?

Hi all, already posted this in the BEC section then noticed there is a MAC section! Awesome, question is when cold where should the oil level sit on flat ground in the oil sight glass?R1 engined. Thanks in advance. Al.
bigrich

posted on 22/1/11 at 12:03 AM Reply With Quote
Generally with an R1 you need to fill as normal to the full line then add a small overfill of approx 250ml to help combat surge and the oil level lamp being activated.

R1's do seem to use a bit of oil if used for prolonged high revs even in the bike , so check it regularly and when it drops to the full line then add your 250 ml again.

HTH Rich

you can always give Mark or Col a ring just to confirm.

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

bigrich

posted on 22/1/11 at 12:07 AM Reply With Quote
Just spottdr the other post and piccys, car was used in the first track and race car magazine and was built for Darren Terry if my memeory serves me correctly.

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

*AL*

posted on 22/1/11 at 12:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigrich
Just spottdr the other post and piccys, car was used in the first track and race car magazine and was built for Darren Terry if my memeory serves me correctly.

Yes i think you are correct, i have paperwork showing Darren Terry. I also have the 2004 magazine feature showing my car. I'll be topping up the oil first thing in the morning just to be sure.

*AL*

posted on 22/1/11 at 12:13 AM Reply With Quote
Here you go.

bi22le

posted on 22/1/11 at 12:35 AM Reply With Quote
yep as said above fill it above the glass. Stops any problems caused because the engines does not have centralpetal forces acting on the oil. Good luck with the MAC 1 they are nice chassiss and the company is nice to deal with.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.