New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Rebuild Diary Kermit will return
blueskate

posted on 2/9/12 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
quote:
Originally posted by vanepico
I take it you're going to have to get a new IVA, but what is stopping you from chopping up the old chassis to beyond recognition then just putting the VIN on the new chassis? Apart from the obvious legal aspect

Why ? It's just a rebuild to original specification using original manufacturer parts so it doesn't need a new IVA. Unless he let the vin go with the old chassis when he sold it.

[Edited on 1/9/12 by Peteff]

I kept the old chassis number so no IVA for me. I guess you could technically argue that a new chassis means new IVA, but you could also argue point raised by Peteff, so I will continue to act stupid... not hard for me .

Semper Paratus!

blueskate

posted on 2/9/12 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
Ok, update time again :

I've been a bit busy the last few weekends so progress has slowed a little. Anyway I am getting there :

I fixed the brakes eventually, stupid standard problem with the Sierra rear calipers needed to be turned around when bleeding!

The car is now on it's own wheels for the first time! :

Out in the light of day! Another dreaded job done, fit the rear wings, Left side is done. I'm waiting on some parts to do the left side as thats the one the got smashed to peices :

I have completed a few more jobs so will get piccies up during the week. Currently I'm battling with the indicators as they seem to have a mind of their own!

Semper Paratus!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.