Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 8/11/08 at 01:55 AM Reply With Quote
Did You Know??

Maybe you did

CLICKY

Pretty interesting stuff none the less!!

02GF74

posted on 8/11/08 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
No I didn't know but if I wanted to, I'm sure I could find the data and work out the numbers.

Some of it is pure speculation though but it misses the most fundamantal question of all which is how do you build a locost for £ 250?

donut

posted on 8/11/08 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Some of it is pure speculation though but it misses the most fundamantal question of all which is how do you build a locost for £ 250?

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Howlor

posted on 8/11/08 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
I also thought it may have mentioned if 13" rims were the way to go!
iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 8/11/08 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
No I didn't know but if I wanted to, I'm sure I could find the data and work out the numbers.

haha

omega0684

posted on 8/11/08 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
very intresesting that a fibre optic strand can transmit 14 trillion bytes per second and my adsl line from bt struggles with 352,000 bytes /sec at full capacity (which is never) more like 30,000 bytes

[Edited on 8/11/08 by omega0684]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
smart51

posted on 8/11/08 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
An Indian friend of my told me that only 5% of the people of India can speak English but that's more than the population of the UK. India has more engineering graduates than the UK has people.

If only 0.5% of people in China can speak English than that too is more than the UK. Because Chinese children are taught English in schools, before long, there will be more English speakers in China than there are Native English speakers in the rest of the world.

The populations of China and India together make up about 40% of the world's population. Britain became a world leading company on the back of manufacturing and shipping. The world's companies are outsourcing manufacturing to China and India, who's shipping fleet outnumbers ours. Would you like to predict the world's future super powers? At least they speak English.

rgr33n

posted on 8/11/08 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart51
An Indian friend of my told me that only 5% of the people of India can speak English but that's more than the population of the UK. India has more engineering graduates than the UK has people.

If only 0.5% of people in China can speak English than that too is more than the UK. Because Chinese children are taught English in schools, before long, there will be more English speakers in China than there are Native English speakers in the rest of the world.

The populations of China and India together make up about 40% of the world's population. Britain became a world leading company on the back of manufacturing and shipping. The world's companies are outsourcing manufacturing to China and India, who's shipping fleet outnumbers ours. Would you like to predict the world's future super powers? At least they speak English.

i'm in china and where i am people stop and stare at the white bloke walking diwn the street

although most of my time is spent in a university (and i am therefore surrounded by a more educated cross section of society than may be the case across the whole of the nation), although many people do speak english it's not as many as i would have thought.

my mandarin is getting better though

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.